New York Comic-Con Signing

Oudeis

I don't know yet if I'll be able to attend, but I will try. I've got a new phone, and an external battery, so if I do go I should do a better job of signing-line audio.

In case anyone wants the deets:

Javits Center

655 W 34th Street

New York, NY 10001

One Day Only, Saturday, 10/11

Signing event 2pm to 3pm

Speaking event on Villains 4pm-4:45pm

Signing for Villains event 5:15 pm-6:15 pm

Edited by Outis

So I got some questions answered

Q: Can a shade be spiked?

A: Yes, the spike would be able to reach in and grab them, there are lots of things you can accomplish with that.

Q: such as?

A: Make a thread

Q: after Kaladin speaks the third oath, whenever he lands, he puffs out Stormlight in the shape of glyphs. Is this the nature of surgebinding, or just Syl?

A: what's going on with the KR is the compacting of the Three Realms a bit. Reaching the realms and pulling them together a slight bit. What you see happen is thougts and spirit and physical affecting each other a bit more.

Location of Honor's shardpool got RAFO'd because it's somewhat important to the future books but not too important.

Q: was the shattering of the shattered plains purely physical?

A: the shattered plains couldn't have arisen on our planet in the way they have

Q: can random birds and fish go between realms or is it only sentient beings?

A: yes, they have before

Q: is that related to the purelake? And is there a hoidfish?

A: RAFO and no

Later I asked what metals you could use to spike a shade, and was told that it depended on your intent. I then asked if you could use Pewter to spike strength out of them even though they don't really have any. He said that spiking was ripping a piece of something's spirit web out and then tacking it onto a spike. So you can spike a shade to another person. I got confused at this point.

A: what's going on with the KR is the compacting of the Three Realms a bit. Reaching the realms and pulling them together a slight bit. What you see happen is thougts and spirit and physical affecting each other a bit more.

Strong evidence for my old theory about highstorms breaking down the barriers between Realms. Also strong evidence that Kaladin was seeing the Spiritual when he was stuck in that old highstorm and everything went black. Also evidence for Dalinar dreaming in the Spiritual.

Nice questions!

Edited by Moogle

The only Verbatim one is the one about the KR. All the others except the last bit are pretty precise, for the last one, I couldn't record it and was half asleep at that point, so that's the best I've got. Oh, also there were a bunch of Szeth figures and the first couple chapters of firefight. Can/Should I post the firefight stuff?