Way of Kings Leatherbound Kickstarter is Tomorrow, and Another Lost Metal Tidbit


A few quick reminders! The Way of Kings leatherbound Kickstarter comes out tomorrow at 9am Mountain time, which is 8am Pacific and 11am Eastern. Brandon posted a big blog post on all the tiers if you're curious about it or its tiers.

Additionally, Brandon tweeted today that there will be one of his newsletters coming out tomorrow, which will contain a preview of Rhythm of War. You can sign up for it here on his website. You can discuss the sample chapter (but not distribute it) in our Rhythm of War spoiler forum, or the #row_spoilers channel on Discord.

Way of Kings Prime, the version of the book Brandon wrote in 2002, is coming out tomorrow as well with the Kickstarter. To discuss it, we've made a forum in our Unpublished Works area. Please discuss it there, and not in the usual Stormlight areas. On Discord, please use the #unpublished channel.

Tidbit on The Lost Metal

Brandon commented on Reddit another tidbit on The Lost Metal, the final Wax and Wayne book. We discussed that he plans to begin Lost Metal January 1st, but here Brandon says that the goal would be to have the book finished by next July with a release date to be the spring or summer of 2022. It also will probably lead with a flashback of Wayne, rather than Wax. Neat!

Edited by Chaos

12




User Feedback




Was kinda confused for a bit there, didn't see anything about a digital Way of Kings Prime anywhere, had to go reread the sneak peak page on his website. Either didn't remember or didn't see that he's releasing a PDF and Ebook format of Way of Kings Prime on his website tomorrow. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. 

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Chaos

Posted

14 minutes ago, Harrycrapper said:

Was kinda confused for a bit there, didn't see anything about a digital Way of Kings Prime anywhere, had to go reread the sneak peak page on his website. Either didn't remember or didn't see that he's releasing a PDF and Ebook format of Way of Kings Prime on his website tomorrow. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. 

Yeah, it's removed from all the tiers and will be given away for free now.

2

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
PiedPeterPiper

Posted (edited)

Welp -- I asked where I could get WoK prime before reading comments. Thanks.

Edited by PiedPeterPiper
0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know more about numbered editions in the top tier.  Since it's limited to 975 backers I'm assuming 1-25 are reserved for Brandon's family and other VIP's.  But what does "Signed & Numbered (random)" mean?  Could I potentially get Book #82917?  I sign-on right as the kick starter opens will I get a lower number?  or is this where the "randomness" kicks in?

Also does anyone know if random quotes are ever coming back to the other leather bounds?  are they just on hold during this busy period in the lead up to RoW and tWoK leather?

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would assume it means you get a random number between 1 and 1000, regardless of when you sign up.

1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Chaos

Posted

25 minutes ago, platnumkid said:

Does anyone know more about numbered editions in the top tier.  Since it's limited to 975 backers I'm assuming 1-25 are reserved for Brandon's family and other VIP's.  But what does "Signed & Numbered (random)" mean?  Could I potentially get Book #82917?  I sign-on right as the kick starter opens will I get a lower number?  or is this where the "randomness" kicks in?

Also does anyone know if random quotes are ever coming back to the other leather bounds?  are they just on hold during this busy period in the lead up to RoW and tWoK leather?

What @Mist said is accurate. The reason for that is they signed and numbered these in advance and so in the boxes when the bindery binds them all together they won't know what number is what, since they are now having the leatherbounds sealed by the bindery to reduce damages. Before, they opened the books from the bindery and then signed/numbered, but this led to more damage than they felt was acceptable, especially for an expensive product.

As for personalizations of a random quote, I think that might eventually return, but more complex personalizations I don't think will ever return.

3

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Lotus

Posted

Lost metal, whoo! I love Wayne, excited to hopefully get his flashback.

1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaos said:

What @Mist said is accurate. The reason for that is they signed and numbered these in advance and so in the boxes when the bindery binds them all together they won't know what number is what, since they are now having the leatherbounds sealed by the bindery to reduce damages. Before, they opened the books from the bindery and then signed/numbered, but this led to more damage than they felt was acceptable, especially for an expensive product.

As for personalizations of a random quote, I think that might eventually return, but more complex personalizations I don't think will ever return.

Thanks @Mist and @Chaos, I thought as much, but is nice to hear it from others too.  I am torn, I'm not usually one to wait for things, but the personalizations are nice.....

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're now 11 minutes and 1 million dollars in. Things are progressing quickly.

2

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow!  The numbered copies sold out within 10 minutes!  Glad I got one right away before they vanished!

1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's open! Just popped in to say I found it running pretty slowly, but got there in the end.

For some idea of popularity, I backed it at 09:04 MT and was supporter number 1046, and the project hit the goal in 3 mins. And, as I write this 11 mins after opening, there are 29 numbered $500 packages left. Y'all are ANIMALS. :-)

1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChiriChiri said:

It's open! Just popped in to say I found it running pretty slowly, but got there in the end.

For some idea of popularity, I backed it at 09:04 MT and was supporter number 1046, and the project hit the goal in 3 mins. And, as I write this 11 mins after opening, there are 29 numbered $500 packages left. Y'all are ANIMALS. :-)

Went from 135 left to not available while it was processing my request......

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

At T+16 mins, we pass £1,000,000 and ~3700 backers... Watching the counter is so hypnotic!

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, platnumkid said:

Went from 135 left to not available while it was processing my request......

That sucks dude, sorry :(

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was incredibly quick!  Managed to get my order in for Tier 5 :) Cannot wait.  Hope you all are able to get onboard with little difficulty.

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Chaos

Posted

42 minutes ago, platnumkid said:

Went from 135 left to not available while it was processing my request......

They opened another Tier 6 that comes in 2021. Try those? Sorry about that :( 

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trying to sign up for newsletter but his site is a bit slow rn... hope I get in before today's issue goes out

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Lotus

Posted

15 minutes ago, Luke Skybreaker said:

Trying to sign up for newsletter but his site is a bit slow rn... hope I get in before today's issue goes out

I already got today’s issue.

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Luke Skybreaker

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, MysticLotus said:

I already got today’s issue.

Dang. Well, it won't hurt to be signed up for the future... that is if his site ever gets back on its feet.

E: Finally went through! yay

Edited by Luke Skybreaker
branderson's site back up now
0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Mason Wheeler

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, MysticLotus said:

I already got today’s issue.

So much fun stuff in the Rhythm of War excerpt.  One disappointing detail, though: apparently The Lost Metal is not next in line after Rhythm of War is finished anymore; it's been pushed back YET AGAIN to after the 3rd Skyward book! :angry:

Edited by Mason Wheeler
0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaos said:

They opened another Tier 6 that comes in 2021. Try those? Sorry about that :( 

Yeah I got in on the second round, stupid work made me miss out on the first round..... =)
The estimated delivery is Apr 2021, not too bad.

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Ascended

Posted

Is the WoK prime available in PDF yet? If so how/where

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Andy92

Posted

Happy to get my tier 5 order in! They really killed it on this Kickstarter. 

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites



Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now