Stormlight 4 Reading from SDCC


We got a very short reading from Stormlight 4, courtesy of a video update from Brandon that aired at San Diego Comic Con 2019. (It was delivered via video since Brandon is still in Spain at the moment.) Check it out! 

Not a whole lot happens, but it is a Venli reading, which is pretty cool! Too bad we don't get more of it. Looks like we are getting the name of a type of Fused as well? And... towers? What do you think? 

Dragonsteel Entertainment would like to discourage creation of transcripts for this reading. 




User Feedback


Wax

Posted

Whole lotta worldbuilding in there!

Regals, etc.

Can it all fit in one book with the voidbringers?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wax said:

Whole lotta worldbuilding in there!

Regals, etc.

Can it all fit in one book with the voidbringers?

We actually got the word Regals from Oathbringer, so that part isn't quite new.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
King of Herdaz

Posted

Quote

Dragonsteel Entertainment would like to discourage creation of transcripts for this reading. 

Any idea why this is the case?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, King of Herdaz said:

Any idea why this is the case?

I'm guessing to stop it from being spread out widely. For this reading, you gotta know where to go, so this would help prevent too many people finding it?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
King of Herdaz

Posted

2 hours ago, RithmaMists99 said:

I'm guessing to stop it from being spread out widely. For this reading, you gotta know where to go, so this would help prevent too many people finding it?

But why? I mean if you are releasing it, clearly you want it to spread (presumably to hype up the book). And so why would you then ask people not to transcribe it since anyways anyone can go ahead and watch/listen to it (if you regretted posting it then just take it down)?

The only reason I can think of is that they don't want to canonize it (since the final version may be different), and so by keeping the exact content somewhat vague it will prevent people from getting mislead into thinking that this is the real deal. But I don't see what the whole big concern is, because this issue can be simply covered by a big disclaimer banner saying that this isn't canon.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, King of Herdaz said:

Any idea why this is the case?

They have from time to time requested such things, and we will acquiesce to this request. You're welcome to contact Dragonsteel about it, if you wish. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Karger

Posted

On 7/23/2019 at 5:54 PM, King of Herdaz said:

But why? I mean if you are releasing it, clearly you want it to spread (presumably to hype up the book). And so why would you then ask people not to transcribe it since anyways anyone can go ahead and watch/listen to it (if you regretted posting it then just take it down)?

To make it more exclusive.  It adds value to the experience if it is somehow (even arbitrarily) special.  Also this will help prevent spoilers for those who do not like to know anything about a work before reading it.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now