Which direction is the shadesmar sun??

KaladinWorldsinger

Why rule out north or south?  It's not a REAL sun... it could be anywhere.  ;-)  Like many other details about Shadesmar, it doesn't really make any sense and, as a result, I find it vaguely annoying.

I don't recall any specific mention of which direction one must face to see the tiny "sun"... but now I'm curious too.  Hopefully someone else finds one, I'm too lazy.

No luck cracking this one yet, which is frustrating because we’re told that it doesn’t move. And our characters use its fixed position to navigate, but they never tell us just how they’re using it.

OB 112:

Kaladin was beginning to worry that—despite the motionless sun to provide an unerring way to gauge their heading—they were going in the wrong direction.

I mean, c’mon Brandon, just tell us that they’re keeping the distant sun to their right or left or behind them or heading towards it.

In RoW 75 there’s another missed opportunity. Adolin is looking out from Lasting Integrity describing what he sees in different directions. But again it’s not clear which direction the sun is:

Thinking about it gave him a headache. So he looked outward across the landscape. And the view … the view was spectacular. Lasting Integrity overlooked a sea of churning beads lit by the cold sun so they shimmered and sparkled, an entire ocean of captured stars. Huge swells washed through the bay and broke into crashing falls of tumbling beads.

It was mesmerizing, made all the more interesting by the lights that congregated and moved in the near distance. Tukar and the people who lived there, reflected in the Cognitive Realm.

It seems like maybe we can infer that - since he’s seeing the beads reflecting the light while looking toward Tukar - the sun is in that direction? Which would be North I think. But it’s not clear, and light and shadows seem to behave strangely in Shadesmar so who knows.