POKEMON

I've been thinking about my old proposals and I've thought of some improvements

Spoiler

Swap Lugia's Psychic type for water, I'm not sure whether to give it back Multiscale.

Adaptive Deffence(Deoxys defence): Gives the user a defence boost if the opponents attack is greater than or equal to its special attack, and gives a special defence boost if the opponents Special attack is higher.

Adaptive Attack(Deoxys attack): Gives the user an attack boost if the opponents deffence is greater than or equal to its special defence, otherwise it recieves a special attack boost

A training that gives the pokemon a defence boost if they flinch.

I'd also make psychic resist rock, and steel.

Edited by Frustration

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 0:39 PM, Frustration said:

Swap Lugia's Psychic type for water, I'm not sure whether to give it back Multiscale.

I personally like Lugia's weird typing (no 4x weakness, a good number of great resists, main weaknesses being less common attacking types), and Multiscale is one of the reasons it's still known as "The Great Wall of Ubers".

Adaptive Deffence(Deoxys defence): Gives the user a defence boost if the opponents attack is greater than or equal to its special attack, and gives a special defence boost if the opponents Special attack is higher.

Adaptive Attack(Deoxys attack): Gives the user an attack boost if the opponents deffence is greater than or equal to its special defence, otherwise it recieves a special attack boost

Sounds really cool, good ideas!

I'd also make psychic resist rock, and steel.

One question. Why?

1 hour ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

I personally like Lugia's weird typing (no 4x weakness, a good number of great resists, main weaknesses being less common attacking types), and Multiscale is one of the reasons it's still known as "The Great Wall of Ubers".

Yeah but it also makes it a weird match with Ho-Oh. If Lugia's second type was water then they match a bit better, each having a 4x weakness to something the other has a base weakness of, Rock for Ho-Oh electric for Lugia. And since posting I have decided Multiscale is for the best.

Sounds really cool, good ideas!

Thank you.

One question. Why?

I'm not sure what I was thinking with Steel, that was just me being dumb.

Well the first reason is psychics bad deffencive matchups, the second is that the one of most common psychic power is telekisis. And if you throw a rock at a telepath they are just going to freeze it in the air.

Rock is also a great offencive type, though I suppose it is pretty bad on deffence.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 7:00 PM, Frustration said:

Yeah but it also makes it a weird match with Ho-Oh. If Lugia's second type was water then they match a bit better, each having a 4x weakness to something the other has a base weakness of, Rock for Ho-Oh electric for Lugia. And since posting I have decided Multiscale is for the best.

Makes sense, solid stuff!

Thank you.

You're quite welcome.

Well the first reason is psychics bad deffencive matchups, the second is that the one of most common psychic power is telekisis. And if you throw a rock at a telepath they are just going to freeze it in the air.

Rock is also a great offencive type, though I suppose it is pretty bad on deffence.

Fair enough, but I personally don't think that's enough to warrant a resistance.

On a separate note, have you tried Inclement Emerald?

Also, 100th post!

40 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

On a separate note, have you tried Inclement Emerald?

I have not.

41 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

Fair enough, but I personally don't think that's enough to warrant a resistance.

Yeah that's true.

So if you got offered the ability to make a mega-evolution for Meganium how would you do it?

Also I've been thinking about your point Dynamax is overpowered and I think I've found a way to fix it.

All Max moves and G-Max moves would be changed to Z-moves, making them one time use by any mon's while Dynamax instead only doubles the HP stat of the user, while keeping it's turn limit. While Gigantimax will be premenant.

9 minutes ago, Frustration said:

So if you got offered the ability to make a mega-evolution for Meganium how would you do it?

You have no idea how much thought I've already put into this.

So I'd start by buffing base form Meganium to this stat spread.

HP: 110

Atk: 54

Def: 115

Sp.Atk: 100

Sp.Def: 105

Speed: 50

BST: 534

While I like ROM hacks buffing Meganium by giving it Triage, I'd personally go a more defensive route and give it Regenerator because it matches its lore. No second typing, 'cause the ones that make thematic sense only hurt it as a defensive Pokemon, which is a large part of what I love about it. New moves include Volt Switch/U-turn, Recover, Pollen Puff, Sleep Powder, Moonblast, Flash Cannon, Sludge Bomb, Steath Rocks, Rage Powder, Iron Defense, Body Press and Calm Mind.

In all honesty, I think these changes would put it in Sw/Sh OU or at least UU as a slow, bulky pivot along the same lines as the Slowtwins.

NOW Mega Meganium. I'd start by giving it new its new typing, Grass/Steel. Mega Evo's Ability is also Regenerator. 

Stat spread:

Def: 165

Sp.Atk: 120

Sp.Def: 130

Speed: 55

2 hours ago, Frustration said:

All Max moves and G-Max moves would be changed to Z-moves, making them one time use by any mon's while Dynamax instead only doubles the HP stat of the user, while keeping it's turn limit. While Gigantimax will be premenant.

That would likely balance it more a good bit more, though to be honest I still wouldn't want it in Competitive Singles. Also, did you mean permanent for Gigantamax?

3 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

You have no idea how much thought I've already put into this.

So I'd start by buffing base form Meganium to this stat spread.

Def: 115

Sp.Atk: 100

Sp.Def: 105

Speed: 50

BST: 534

While I like ROM hacks buffing Meganium by giving it Triage, I'd personally go a more defensive route and give it Regenerator because it matches its lore. No second typing, 'cause the ones that make thematic sense only hurt it as a defensive Pokemon, which is a large part of what I love about it. New moves include Volt Switch/U-turn, Recover, Pollen Puff, Sleep Powder, Moonblast, Flash Cannon, Sludge Bomb, Steath Rocks, Rage Powder, Iron Defense, Body Press and Calm Mind.

In all honesty, I think these changes would put it in Sw/Sh OU or at least UU as a slow, bulky pivot along the same lines as the Slowtwins.

NOW Mega Meganium. I'd start by giving it new its new typing, Grass/Steel. Mega Evo's Ability is also Regenerator. 

Stat spread:

Def: 165

Sp.Atk: 120

Sp.Def: 130

Speed: 55

Looks good, I do have to ask about volt-switch though that seems a bit weird to me. U-turn works though.

Grass/steel works as a pretty good defencive typing, minus it 4x fire weakness, though rain support would largely mitigate that. I like it.

5 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

That would likely balance it more a good bit more, though to be honest I still wouldn't want it in Competitive Singles.

Just because of how difficult it would be to K.O. ?

9 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

Also, did you mean permanent for Gigantamax?

Lol, yes.

I'm thinking about having Grass types recover 5% Hp a turn under rain and sun.

I'd give Zamazenta Recover

I'd also like to upgrade some moves in exchange for removing the Primal Creation trio.

Spactial Rend - If a terrain or trick room is up Spactial rend will deal 20% more damage and remove the terrain and trick room

Roar of Time - If trick room or a weather condition is active Roar of Time will deal 20% more damage and remove trick room and the weather

Shadow Force - If any of a terrain, a weather, or trick room are active Shadow force will deal 20% more damage and remove the terrain/tirck room/weather.

4 hours ago, Frustration said:

Looks good, I do have to ask about volt-switch though that seems a bit weird to me.

I wanted it to have a pivot move that hit off its better Sp.Atk, I get it doesn't make sense.

Just because of how difficult it would be to K.O. ?

Yeah, it's also kinda boring, you know? Just making harder to kill. Dynamax is just so conceptually awful it's really hard to fix.

I'm thinking about having Grass types recover 5% Hp a turn under rain and su

1/16th like most other passive healing (leftovers, Black Sludge), or 1/8 like most other weather-related healing (Dry Skin, Rain Dish).

I'd give Zamazenta Recover

Swords Dance too, or Body Press, or both.

I'd also like to upgrade some moves in exchange for removing the Primal Creation trio.

Spactial Rend - If a terrain or trick room is up Spactial rend will deal 20% more damage and remove the terrain and trick room

Roar of Time - If trick room or a weather condition is active Roar of Time will deal 20% more damage and remove trick room and the weather

Shadow Force - If any of a terrain, a weather, or trick room are active Shadow force will deal 20% more damage and remove the terrain/tirck room/weather.

Seems cool, I like it!

What's your favorite mon and how would you improve it?

On 4/1/2022 at 8:00 PM, The Storming Stormfather said:

Yeah, it's also kinda boring, you know? Just making harder to kill. Dynamax is just so conceptually awful it's really hard to fix.

Yeah I get that, with the changes I've made there could be nothing so annoying as Dynamax Blissy supported by Deoxys Deffence, Lugia, and Zamazenta.

1/16th like most other passive healing (leftovers, Black Sludge), or 1/8 like most other weather-related healing (Dry Skin, Rain Dish).

Yeah that'd be good.

Swords Dance too, or Body Press, or both.

I'd probably just do Body Press, maybe give it Kings Sheild.

What's your favorite mon and how would you improve it?

My favorite is Blastoise.So I don't think it needs a ton of help, maybe have Hydro Cannon set up rain for 1 turn when Blastoise uses it or something.

Edited by Frustration

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

Only as soon as they come out, did you see Ferrothorn's yet?

Only a few times.

I have to say I'm kind of surprised that a gen five pokemon has a longer video than MewTwo, though I suppose being allowed in every VGC format will do that.

What video are you looking forward to most?

I have to say I'm kind of surprised that a gen five pokemon has a longer video than MewTwo, though I suppose being allowed in every VGC format will do that.

Mewtwo only being allowed in Ubers and not being great in VGC helps attribute to that, plus the fact that Ferrothorn is likely the single most defining Single mon of all time, while being a solid choice in VGC as well.

What video are you looking forward to most?

Gotta be the Ttar remake.

8 hours ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

Mewtwo only being allowed in Ubers and not being great in VGC helps attribute to that, plus the fact that Ferrothorn is likely the single most defining Single mon of all time, while being a solid choice in VGC as well.

I don't know about most defining, but yeah that's a fair point.

8 hours ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

Gotta be the Ttar remake.

I'd go with Kyreum myself.

Do you have any particular reason for Ttar?

2 minutes ago, Frustration said:

I don't know about most defining

Definitely up there tho.

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Do you have any particular reason for Ttar?

It's one of my favorite Pokemon, so that's the main reason. Kyreum is a good choice too. I mostly just want them to cover the occasional good mon.

Thoughts on the future Landorus video?

1 minute ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

Definitely up there tho.

Yeah that's true.

1 minute ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

Thoughts on the future Landorus video?

I am very excited.

That's going to be a very long video though, it's almost as good as ferathorn, and it has two forms.

Through speaking of the Forces of Nature, what are your thoughts on Enamorous?

On 5/7/2022 at 10:42 PM, Frustration said:

speaking of the Forces of Nature, what are your thoughts on Enamorous?

I hate it. She's so ugly. Like one of the few Pokemon who's designs I genuinely hate. Could be cool for Competitive tho.

TWO FSG vids today, what are your thoughts on them?

On 5/8/2022 at 9:02 PM, The Storming Stormfather said:

I hate it. She's so ugly. Like one of the few Pokemon who's designs I genuinely hate. Could be cool for Competitive tho.

That's fair, the gene's are generally pretty ugly, especially Landerous-T but Enamorous takes the cake.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:02 PM, The Storming Stormfather said:

TWO FSG vids today, what are your thoughts on them?

Charmander - Why? It's just a bad Charizard, the video was not neccesary.

Delfox - I guess we already did Greninja so I can't complain too much, but why didn't we cover gen 8?

12 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

For Delfox? Dexit. It's not in the games.

Oh, I probably should know these things but that's what I get for not playing Sword and Sheild.

Though I have to say they have the most powerful piece of hardware yet and they can't even put all the pokemon in.

22 hours ago, Frustration said:

Oh, I probably should know these things but that's what I get for not playing Sword and Sheild.

I honestly don't even have a Switch, I just play too much competitive to not know.

22 hours ago, Frustration said:

Though I have to say they have the most powerful piece of hardware yet and they can't even put all the pokemon in.

It's prolly a time constraint, as compared to not enough room. In Gen 9 there'll most likely be 1000+ Pokemon, so it's not likely NatDex is ever coming back in a base game.

• 3 weeks later...