FOTT - Earth 2767

Spren of Kindness

Yes, but I may pass that role to you for Martin's bit of haggling.  Again, never been in a pawnshop.

It's 2767, I hereby declare that the word 'pawnshop' means something slightly different.

"Well, that depends.  What do you have?"

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Why not?" Ely asked, a bit saddened.

"Some kind of rule about shopping," Martin says.  "I'm not sure."

I've been to a pawnshop before. You're already playing the trader, however, and I'm not sure that I could play a trader in the year 2767 accurately, but if you have any questions...

*gasp* What? My random knowledge of obscure subjects actually applies to a situation? :D

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

12 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Ma'am, if you've managed to find something made of gold that is not only real, but also not simply overlaid, then I would be very surprised."

"I come from a long line of military officers who had gold buttons to signify their rank." Ayia explained, reaching into her pocket and pulling out a few examples: small gold pins, no bigger than a pennie.

35 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Tell me the things, Echo, please!

My frustratingly obtuse memory is at your command! Someone mentioned earlier (I think it was you, Brightness Spren) that only a few people should go into the shop to not draw too much attention. That's alright, of course, but it is actually quite normal for large groups of companions to fill a pawnshop. These tend to be the best customers, you see, for the collective social atmosphere tends to create more opportunity for the trader or merchant to get away with more total value than you do. Friends tend to subconsciously create peer pressure, no? Might pressure you into trading for something you don't actually need, all for the sake of appeasing the hormonal hive. And if everyone has something to trade, the merchant can group things together, providing slightly increased "prices" with the excuse of it being a "discount" from its "normal price". Etc.

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

Columbia patted down her pockets to see if she had anything in them. She then looked in the small bag she was carrying. She had her Armbands, which she was not pawning, and Erin's armband, which she was also not pawning. She also had her knife, but she was less likely to pawn that than she was the armbands. 

She rummaged through her bag. She had nothing of value that she would be willing to pawn. 

Eh. Whatever.

• 2 weeks later...