How can I reveal a post that I have hidden?

Elf

I am completely new to this site. I just joined today. And being the complete and utter fool I am, I decided to test the hide feauture that is at the top of a post. I think its under moderations actions. Anyway, what even is this thing? Does it mean I have deleted that post? Is there anyway I can reveal that post? Is it hidden just for me or for all? Can I ever get it back? I am so confused.

Edited by Elf_at_heart

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

trick question no, also known as.

Reveal hidden contents

ask Chaos cause I have no idk

Funny. Also, who's Chaos?

45 minutes ago, Honorless said:

You can hide your own posts but you can't unhide them. No, hide ≠ delete. You'll have to ask a mod to unhide it for you.

Aw. Can you please tell me how to ask a mod to unhide it?

Edited by Elf_at_heart

33 minutes ago, Elf_at_heart said:

Aw. Can you please tell me how to ask a mod to unhide it?

You already have actually. These forums are checked regularly so you can just wait. You can also contact a mod directly through the directory (https://www.17thshard.com/forum/staff/) or contact them on Discord

Edited by Honorless

1 minute ago, Honorless said:

You already have actually. These forums are checked regularly so you can just wait. You can also contact a mod directly through the directory (https://www.17thshard.com/forum/staff/) or contact them on Discord

Thanks a lot! 

2 hours ago, Quantus said:

You can also "call" people directly from a post, usually giving them a notification (profile settings dependent I think)

Example: @Elf_at_heart

We would prefer people to use the report feature rather than pinging individual mods. That way, any mod can respond.

I have unhidden the post. The reason why we cannot enable users to unhide posts is because, due to the way settings work, let's say someone posted a really awful, mean topic, and the moderators hid it. That permission would allow the topic creator to unhide it, which would obviously not be ideal.

We almost always hide posts rather than delete, so we can reference them later if needbe.

One more thing, @Elf_at_heart: you can quote multiple people at once by using the Multiquote feature. That's the + to the left of the Quote button. This way you can quote multiple people without making multiple posts. We prefer people not double post. Thanks, and welcome! Let us know if you have questions. We are here to help.

7 hours ago, Quantus said:

You can also "call" people directly from a post, usually giving them a notification (profile settings dependent I think)

Example: @Elf_at_heart

Thanks for the answer! 

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

We would prefer people to use the report feature rather than pinging individual mods. That way, any mod can respond.

I have unhidden the post. The reason why we cannot enable users to unhide posts is because, due to the way settings work, let's say someone posted a really awful, mean topic, and the moderators hid it. That permission would allow the topic creator to unhide it, which would obviously not be ideal.

We almost always hide posts rather than delete, so we can reference them later if needbe.

One more thing, @Elf_at_heart: you can quote multiple people at once by using the Multiquote feature. That's the + to the left of the Quote button. This way you can quote multiple people without making multiple posts. We prefer people not double post. Thanks, and welcome! Let us know if you have questions. We are here to help.

Oh. Okay. That makes sense. Thanks for your help. :)

Edited by Elf_at_heart