Potentially huge revelation in the Elantris bonus chapter

10 minutes ago, Miqius said:

Here's my take. I agree with OP that Brandon's description of the Skaze is too similar to Anti-Light in RoW (sucking in light, warping effect) and both were released recently (the Skaze bit is from the 10th anniversary, so 2018). So I say it's safe to assume it's intentional.

First I don't remember anti-light sucking in light (well, not more than Voidlight does) nor Skazes warping it. Second remember that the fact that the  Aon for hope is Ati was an accident so yes, it can be a coincidence.

18 hours ago, mathiau said:

First I don't remember anti-light sucking in light (well, not more than Voidlight does) nor Skazes warping it. Second remember that the fact that the  Aon for hope is Ati was an accident so yes, it can be a coincidence.

You're right, the dark glow of the anti-Voidlight is because it's Voidlight, I didn't find anything about it having an appearance of sucking in light (I didn't mean it actually sucks light in). The Skaze is described as having the same warping effect, though. There are more chances of it being a coincidence if anti-Voidlight is never said to appear to suck light in, but I wouldn't compare it to naming dozens of three-letter words and coming up with Ati.

Edited by Miqius

I dunno, Reverse Lashings have the same sort of effect and I don't think those are anti-stormlight.

“Szeth slammed his hand to the side, pushing Stormlight into the doorframe, using the third and final type of Lashing, a Reverse Lashing. This one worked differently from the other two. It did not make the doorframe emit Stormlight; indeed, it seemed to pull nearby light into it, giving it a strange penumbra.”

— The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, Book 1) by Brandon Sanderson

3 hours ago, MyrmidonOfAchilles said:

I dunno, Reverse Lashings have the same sort of effect and I don't think those are anti-stormlight.

Oh wow, this went over my head. Why would a Reverse Lashing do that? You are infusing an object with Stormlight same as the other two, are you not? This intrigued me hahaha do you know of any thread about this that I could check? Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Miqius said:

Oh wow, this went over my head. Why would a Reverse Lashing do that? You are infusing an object with Stormlight same as the other two, are you not? This intrigued me hahaha do you know of any thread about this that I could check? Thanks!

And wait, doesn't Venli remark on a strange look for the Lashing that Kal uses to decapitate Lezian? Is it just how Reverse Lashings look and she's unfamiliar with it because Singers don't have Adhesion?

9 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

And wait, doesn't Venli remark on a strange look for the Lashing that Kal uses to decapitate Lezian? Is it just how Reverse Lashings look and she's unfamiliar with it because Singers don't have Adhesion?

She says it didn't glow as strong as she thought it should. When I read it I attributed it to the Sibling's shield dampening gravitation, but now I'm inclined to believe it's related to @MyrmidonOfAchilles's quote.