Surprising Sander-facts?

I thought it was a well-done video, for people who don't actually listen to Brandon talk at stuff I think it would be pretty new. And those were some impressively old photos!

Only thing I can think of is stuff about his company more generally. Do people know he has like 20 employees whose entire jobs consist of freeing him of other responsibilities so he can just write? Maybe talk about other authors like Dan Wells that he was friends with before they came into their own level of fame. People he's taught like Charlie Holmberg. He's building an underground lair. Big fan of ammonite. That's...all I got for now

Brandon Sanderson

Chapter Thirty-Seven - Part One

Whew! Getting tense now. I love endings–they're my favorite parts of books to write. Once, I wrote 16,000 words in one day to finish up a book. (That was my record until I finished Scribbler a few weeks back. I think I did 23k on that book in one day to finish it off.)

Mistborn: The Final Empire Annotations (May 14, 2007)

On 3/20/2021 at 0:59 PM, Frustration said:

Brandon Sanderson

Chapter Thirty-Seven - Part One

Whew! Getting tense now. I love endings–they're my favorite parts of books to write. Once, I wrote 16,000 words in one day to finish up a book. (That was my record until I finished Scribbler a few weeks back. I think I did 23k on that book in one day to finish it off.)

Mistborn: The Final Empire Annotations (May 14, 2007)

Did he beat that record finishing RoW?

• 1 month later...

Bumping this becasue I found something new.

Brandon's favorite hat is a fedora

Mad Hatter

To go along with my other obsession what is your favorite type of hat?

Brandon Sanderson

I do have a fedora that I’m somewhat attached to, but I haven’t worn it in years. When I was a high school kid, I would wear my fedora around until I discovered that wearing a fedora was already cliché for a nerdy kid like myself, which I found annoying since I’d been doing it because I thought it was original. I still have that fedora, which sits in my closet, and someday perhaps I will wear it. But the problem is that Dan Wells, my friend who writes in my writing group and in my basement, already wears a hat around. So I would feel like I was just copying Dan. Maybe I need to get a fez or something.

A StompingMad YetiHatter Collaboration Interview (Sept. 16, 2010)

@ReadAndFindOut Brandon uses Wikipad to organise his worldbuilding

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/295/#e10070

Edited by Frustration

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...