Concerning Adolin and Maya

Zanarkand

2 minutes ago, Frustration said:

How does the cataclysm of Ashyn indicate that it's more Odium than Honor

Yeah, especially with how insanely destructive Soucalsting can be with the right knowledge and how insane undbound Adhesion and abound reverse Lashings should be

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Fused are red meaning they use investiture that Odium stole from another shard

Note that Lift and Renarin don't get red eyes so it's not as straightforward as you might think

1 hour ago, DSCrankshaw said:

Because humans didn't follow Honor until after they came to Roshar. They brought Surgebinding to Roshar along with Odium.

Doesn't mean they didn't use the power of Honour and Cultivation, we've seen tons of people that didn't follow Preservation use Allomancy. (though it's confirmed some humans on Ashyn were Voidbinders)

2 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Note that Lift and Renarin don't get red eyes so it's not as straightforward as you might think

Glys is red and Lift is closer to a compounder than corrupted.

6 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Doesn't mean they didn't use the power of Honour and Cultivation, we've seen tons of people that didn't follow Preservation use Allomancy. (though it's confirmed some humans on Ashyn were Voidbinders)

Where did you get that?

Where did you get that?

I couldn't find the WoB I was talking about, thought I found that

Blightsong

In Oathbringer it is revealed that the humans who originally came to Roshar were the first ones to be named Voidbringers and that they carried magical powers. The Stormfather also implies that modern Surgebinding didn't exist before the Heralds. Were the original powers that the humans possessed Voidbinding?

Brandon Sanderson

So, we're getting into lots of interesting definitional problems here. And also the ways that different entities perceive the definitions of different terms. I will answer this question specifically as we do the flashbacks from Ash and Taln's viewpoints. So you've got a long ways to wait. But understand that definitions are not always-- the way that people define things cannot always be trusted. That said, humans were not using powers from Honor originally.

Skype Q&A (Oct. 8, 2018)

Also

Chaos

You've recently said that Rosharans call everything Surgebinding. So my question is: does Khriss call what the Fused do "Surgebinding"?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Chaos

Interesting. We still don't know what Voidbinding is, but we'll get there eventually, I'm sure.

Brandon Sanderson

You will.

Shardcast Interview (Jan. 23, 2021)

TheFoxQR (paraphrased)

Is there temporal symmetry in between the Surge-binding and void-binding charts, from the front and back covers of The Way of Kings? As in, Surgebinding is a re-emerging system of the past, vs Voidbinding being a newly emerging system that will fully exist in the future?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

You can assume that Voidbinding has not been fully explored, but that parts of it have been looked into in the past. So I wouldn't say that temporal symmetry fully holds.

General Reddit 2019 (Aug. 3, 2019)

So I think it's likely at least some of them where Voidbinders