Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

7 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"I lost her," Caden admitted, "I don't like remembering that."

"I... In a way, I've lost everyone I've ever connected with. I talked to my patients. Got to know them. But they always die." She sighed. "So much happened last night. Before you... hit me.... I was having a dream come true."

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You may," allowed the specter.

"When?"

Edited by Zephrun's Imperium

27 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"I... In a way, I've lost everyone I've ever connected with. I talked to my patients. Got to know them. But they always die." She sighed. "So much happened last night. Before you... hit me.... I was having a dream come true."

"I-" Caden looked away. His breathing becoming shallow. 

4 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Nico didn’t typically dress himself up, but tonight was a special occasion. It was not often, after all, that one got to see their childhood crush/would-be-boyfriend. Despite not feeling the same way about Fischer as he had five years ago, there was left over in Nico’s heart just enough pressure to drive him to brush his hair and put on something other than his uniform or some sweaty peasant’s attire. Luckily enough for him, he managed to find a suit in the closet with minimal wrinkles that actually fit well enough. He looked over himself in the mirror - surprised at how nice he looked - then ran down to his and Fischer’s meeting spot. 

After cleaning off from the rigorous training exercise he had just been put through, Fischer put on his cleanest uniform, one that had just been pressed a few days before. He still felt butterflies in his stomach whenever he thought about it too much, but he was filled with energy to the point that he practically blazed past Nowak on his way out, forgetting to wish him well. He didn't run or sprint as he might have done years ago, instead falling into a quick and steady march, relying on the consistent foot falls to ground his mind. He arrived at the meeting spot earlier than anticipated, as he had been erroneously worried he might have forgotten the way altogether. He glanced around, nearly bouncing on his toes trying to find Nico. It shouldn't have been all that difficult, given how tall the man was, but he still had a tendency to go about unseen for some unfathomable reason.