Singer forms and plate spren

yulyulk

This looks like the beginnings of a pattern (mmmm...):

Windspren—nimbleform—Windrunner shardplate

Gravitationspren—workform—Skybreaker plate?

Lifespren—mateform—Edgedancer plate?

Painspren—warform—Stoneward plate?

Creationspren—artform—Lightweaver plate

Logicspren—presumably, scholarform—Elsecaller plate

There's also meditationform, but I have no idea what its spren could be. We also know (or strongly suspect?) that the secondary spren of Bondsmiths is gloryspren, but again I'm not sure if that would correspond to a particular singer form.

4 hours ago, yulyulk said:

Windspren—nimbleform—Windrunner shardplate

Gravitationspren—workform—Skybreaker plate?

Lifespren—mateform—Edgedancer plate?

Painspren—warform—Stoneward plate?

Creationspren—artform—Lightweaver plate

Logicspren—presumably, scholarform—Elsecaller plate

Flamespren—not really sure what form—Dustbringer plate though?

I feel like whatever the Truthwatcher platespren is would be Meditationform...

I'm curious what sort of advantages a Regal with a radiant spren would have over a human. Venli has shown us that Regals can actually have radiant spren. So aside from Storm form, what other Regals have we seen. Does anything strike you as a natural pairing? Like a heavenly one bonding an honor spren would rule the skies. Can Regals have the same forms as the Fused? 

49 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

The Fused aren't Regals, they innately have 1 Surge (except for Adhesion).

But yeah a Skybreaker Stormform could actually be pretty cool, and Envoyform seems like it would pair well with an Edgedancer.

I'm with you on Fused not being Regals. I was just curious if Regals can have the same form as Fused. Or do the forms of power that the Fused have require larger amounts of investiture of Odium?

1 hour ago, Truthwatcher Artifabrian said:

Although a Regal + Radiant is essentially a Fused level of power.

Honestly it might be a little better, since afaik the Fused just have a deep understanding of one surge, whereas a Regal Radiant (which btw sounds AWESOME) would have TWO surges AND the abilities of their Form of Power.

Possibly greater than a fused level of power. It seems like Radiants that reach the fourth ideal eclipse a Fused in terms of power. Radiants of the third ideal seem about equal, maybe a little less skilled and combat effective than a Fused. But a Storm form or even a War form Radiant would have an edge over  a human radiant in terms of strength or raw power.  

Not to mention that a properly knowledgeable Regal Radiant would likely be capable of producing Warlight on their own, which may be advantageous as an Investiture supply for their Surges.

Also, do Forms of Power need to inhale Voidlight to use their abilities? Or can Stormform Regals, for example, just shoot lightning at their will? (dew it. :P)

3 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Not to mention that a properly knowledgeable Regal Radiant would likely be capable of producing Warlight on their own, which may be advantageous as an Investiture supply for their Surges.

Also, do Forms of Power need to inhale Voidlight to use their abilities? Or can Stormform Regals, for example, just shoot lightning at their will? (dew it. :P)

Wait, how would a Regal Radiant produce their own light?

Also, I'm pretty sure Venli doesn't actively consume voidlight to power her envoyform abilities (although perhaps that's because it's "passive"). Singers can hold non-voidspren forms indefinitely, without recharging, so I suppose Regal forms probably come with innate powers too?

Just now, yulyulk said:

Pardon me, I meant MIX their own Warlight out of Stormlight and Voidlight they have in gems.

Just now, yulyulk said:

Also, I'm pretty sure Venli doesn't actively consume voidlight to power her envoyform abilities (although perhaps that's because it's "passive"). Singers can hold non-voidspren forms indefinitely, without recharging, so I suppose Regal forms probably come with innate powers too?

Maybe it's because of the nature of a Singer bond with a Spren in the first place.

6 hours ago, yulyulk said:

I think by "produce" they mean create warlight by combining voidlight and stormlight together in the way Nevani and Raboniel did.

6 hours ago, yulyulk said:

Venli mentioned being infused with some voidlight as a regal. I always assumed her gemheart got infused like a sphere does in the everstorm. It's also possible that the voidlight is created like how Lift creates lifelight.

On 1/3/2021 at 10:00 AM, yulyulk said:

There's also meditationform, but I have no idea what its spren could be. 

This is actually mediationform, you added an extra t. I though the same thing until my second read of RoW. Mediationform would be good at resolving conglics peacefully

On 1/3/2021 at 1:53 PM, Truthwatcher Artifabrian said:

I think luckspren are a better choice for skybreakers. Maybe there’s a form that comes from that?

Luckspren seem separate from most of the other spren. They're the spren that help greatshells and other creatures grow as large as they do without their own weight crushing them. There's more on them in Dawnshard that I don't believe the forum rules permit me to talk about in this thread. But, I don't think they're one of the spren that form plate and I also doubt whether singers can use them to adopt a new form, they have other purposes. 

On 1/3/2021 at 1:37 PM, Halyo_Alex said:

Flamespren—not really sure what form—Dustbringer plate though?

I feel like whatever the Truthwatcher platespren is would be Meditationform...

Possibly Smokeform? We haven't seen any smokespren that I'm aware of and I can't think of another spren besides flamespren that would correlate to smoke if there aren't smokespren. 

1 hour ago, Honorspring said:

This is actually mediationform, you added an extra t. I though the same thing until my second read of RoW. Mediationform would be good at resolving conglics peacefully

OMG...omg. :blink: you are so right, I can't believe I didn't notice this. Also, perhaps mediationform could be an analogue of Bondsmiths, in that case.

On 1/3/2021 at 10:00 AM, yulyulk said:
On 1/5/2021 at 2:44 PM, yulyulk said:
On 1/5/2021 at 2:44 PM, yulyulk said:

OMG...omg. :blink: you are so right, I can't believe I didn't notice this. Also, perhaps mediationform could be an analogue of Bondsmiths, in that case.

So there's actually a WoB confirming that there are more than 10 forms of power for the Singers. While I see the correlation/analogue you're talking about I think it has more to do with the nature of the spren than with a particular radiant order, though I do think that we can guess which form would be caused by bonding the plate spren of an order

• 4 months later...