1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy blinked. "Not to use! Remember how we went to get a job, and the guy was spiked? Those are the spikes I'm talking about." Anything to keep the topic away from the... the incident. 

Wait hadn't Ladashwy made a panic attack after that attack? Bummer "Yes, let's talk about something else. Sorry"

10 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Let's not talk about that." She said it with a bit of panic in her voice. "I don't even want to think about it." She shuddered, remembering the spike... Wait a minute... The spikes! Yes! The perfect way to change the topic! "Eryn, do we still have those spikes?

Eryn nodded. “Will give in private,” she told the Sovereign.

He nodded. “Any idea which ones?”

Eryn shook her head. “Three charged, but not certain what. Fourth Sage made: carries Feruchemy gold.”

”Not easy to take down a bloodmaker,” Kelsier told Sage. “Well done.”

Just to note: Eryn and Kell will soon be taking a 25 hr. break for Shabbos.

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn nodded. “Will give in private,” she told the Sovereign.

He nodded. “Any idea which ones?”

Eryn shook her head. “Three charged, but not certain what. Fourth Sage made: carries Feruchemy gold.”

”Not easy to take down a bloodmaker,” Kelsier told Sage. “Well done.”

She shuddered. "Thank you." she whispered. Images flashed through her mind, and she closed her eyes, trying to block them out.

Just now, Random Bystander said:

She shuddered. "Thank you." she whispered. Images flashed through her mind, and she closed her eyes, trying to block them out.

Kelsier frowned at Ladashwi’s reaction. Lightly he tapped his brass, soothing her dismay and nausea. “You never killed anyone before, did you?” He asked, voice gentle.

10 minutes to lighting.

3 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier frowned at Ladashwi’s reaction. Lightly he tapped his brass, soothing her dismay and nausea. “You never killed anyone before, did you?” He asked, voice gentle.

She shook her head. "It kind of just happened. I was not prepared for it." She snorted. "I then went into shock, and after I came out of shock, I acted like a rusting psychopath for about 10 minutes."

Edited by Random Bystander

8 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She shook her head. "It kind of just happened. I was not prepared for it." She snorted. "I then went into shock, and after I came out of shock, I acted like a rusting psychopath for about 10 minutes."

The Survivor smiled. “Not an uncommon reaction. Even for a ‘rusting psychopath’, which you aren’t. The first time you kill, even in self defense, isn’t easy for anyone.”

Kelsier, neurological psychopath, decides not be offended by the misrepresentation of psychopaths. Gut Shabbos everyone! 

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

2 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The Survivor smiled. “Not an uncommon reaction. Even for a ‘rusting psychopath’, which you aren’t. The first time you kill, even in self defense, isn’t easy for anyone.”

She nodded. "Makes sense. " she paused "I know I'm not a psychopath, but I sure acted like one. Ask Zola."

Drae slowly roused himself from his coma-like shock and whispered quiet condolences to himself. Then he dragged himself off the bed and trudged out of the room with his head hung low to where the others were eating. He stared at the floor as he plonked himself at the table; he wasn't at all hungry, but he didn't want to be alone right now. 

9 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Drae slowly roused himself from his coma-like shock and whispered quiet condolences to himself. Then he dragged himself off the bed and trudged out of the room with his head hung low to where the others were eating. He stared at the floor as he plonked himself at the table; he wasn't at all hungry, but he didn't want to be alone right now. 

"You okay?" 

2 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

She snorted. "Believe me, I know the feeling." She sighed. "Today has been... Strange." 

"Heh, I'm sort of starting to regret going down the religious path. I was never particularly devout, but I should of chosen not to believe in anything." Drae knew that Lash probably had no clue where that had come from, but he needed someone to ramble to. 

39 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Heh, I'm sort of starting to regret going down the religious path. I was never particularly devout, but I should of chosen not to believe in anything." Drae knew that Lash probably had no clue where that had come from, but he needed someone to ramble to. 

Oh. Now I understand. She raised her eyebrow at Kelsier, and turned back to Drae. "Ah. Now I think I understand why you seem so frazzled." She sighed. He did better than me. I passed out. She then burst out laughing. "I'm sorry, but... Uh... I know exactly how you feel right now, and this situation is just really funny." She looked across the table, trying to keep a straight face. She shook her head.

You know, if you ever want to change careers, I offer great benefits, better pay, and will let you kill people on other planets. If you’re interested, stick with Ganache. Eryn's expertise with chocolate, a type of which was ganache... Sovereign could, maybe. Take you where Ett cannot reach.

That had been the Sovereign - the Survivor - speaking to Marie, and he meant the Southern woman when he said Ganache.

She reflected on that as she followed Adilie down to the dining room, leaning against a wall the full twenty meters away. Kelsier, Survivor of Hathsin: half-noble thief turned Mistborn turned face of the revolution. The man who'd died to kill the Lord Ruler and who had made a big dent in his empire before that. The man who, reportedly, had been the first person ever to single-handedly kill an Inquisitor (not counting Rashek himself).

Marie wasn't sure what to think of him. Ruin had been obsessed with him, and she was vaguely aware that he had been a god three times over. The Survivor pulled people after him like a riptide, and they escaped him even less often.

The idea of another option besides joining Harmony, wandering the planet for another few centuries, or dying was...well, tempting, yeah, but she couldn't tell if it was viable. For one thing, there was the chance that the Survivor actually meant to round up the remainder of his enemies and finish them off; she'd heard he didn't easily let go of grudges. And if it was real...she listened to him question Adilie about what Harmony would do if her Compounding went out and Marie bucked the control at the same time.

Harmony was listening, too. He left her to her own devices, but she could feel the mass of power, the idea of him paying particular attention to this conversation.

Maybe he would just let her go. Another planet...there would be so many opportunities. And other Shards. Would that be a good thing or a bad thing? Depends on how much like Ruin they are. But then, maybe he'd see loosing a potentially genocidal Inquisitor on another world as a threat, a declaration of war. Would he feel as responsible for their inhabitants as Scadrial's? Would he oppose his old friend if Kelsier tried to steal her?

The pay, if it was more than a joke, wasn't something Marie cared about much. The promise of deaths...and a new world...those were more enticing. Wonder what the flora and fauna are like over there. He would probably Soothe her. She wasn't exactly trustworthy. But it would still be more than now...

Marie sighed softly, watching the group. She found herself smiling at the child and made her face go blank before any of them noticed. She had tapped a bit of bendalloy on the way back to the inn, and didn't need to eat, but she did swallow another handful of steel pellets, washing a couple at a time down with water.

4 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Hi, Drae! Were you all right without me dumping a bucket of water on your head?"

19 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Oh. Now I understand. She raised her eyebrow at Kelsier, and turned back to Drae. "Ah. Now I think I understand why you seem so frazzled." She sighed. He did better than me. I passed out. She then burst out laughing. "I'm sorry, but... Uh... I know exactly how you feel right now, and this situation is just really funny." She looked across the table, trying to keep a straight face. She shook her head.

Drae shook his head again. He refused to look up and see who else was at the table besides him and Lash “no, you don’t understand.” He leaned in close “I’m seeing ghosts.”

Spoiler
On 2/5/2021 at 1:48 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Here is a cute Kelsier teddy:4266A214-097A-45B9-B41A-8335F9A93AE5.thumb.jpeg.ccbeb470b73acecd9e22a60492ad65eb.jpeg

Hehe I just saw your reddit post Owo

18 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Hi, Drae! Were you all right without me dumping a bucket of water on your head?"

“It’s hard to remember a time where I was okay. Next time go for the bucket of water please.”

2 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

Drae shook his head again. He refused to look up and see who else was at the table besides him and Lash “no, you don’t understand.” He leaned in close “I’m seeing ghosts.”

“It’s hard to remember a time where I was okay. Next time go for the bucket of water please.”

"You are not seeing ghosts. You aren't crazy either. Trust me." She looked across the table accusingly. What the rust did you do!? She tried to say with her eyes. She turned back towards Drae. "You saw the Survivor, right? To be honest, you are doing much better than I did. I passed out." She paused, and then thought over the previous statement. "Although, I did just almost get killed by an assassin, learn that he was trying to kill me so he could become a steel-runner, learn about the existence of a third metallic art, and then learn about the existence of a whole other civilization. And, on top of that, I was suffering from sleep deprivation, so I might get a pass for passing out..."

Edited by Random Bystander