Enlightened Spren Plate

Itchy Savant

So now that we have confirmation that shardplate is made of lesser spren this opens up the question as to how its going to be handled for Knights bonded to a Sja-anat spren.  

Are they going to just use normal spren?  Will they require more corrupted spren to be made for their plate to be formed? Is it individual to the Radiant as to which of the above?

Based on what we see with Kaladin it does seem to take _alot_ of spren to form the plate.

Thoughts?

56 minutes ago, Ookla The Frustrated said:

They seem to make the spren, so maybe they do that?

Maybe they draw them?

I just find it unlikely that without Sja-anat's touch they won't be able to create the enlightened spren in large enough quantities. 

But I guess its a possibility considering the weirdness of their specific bonds.

If my personal hypothesis is correct and one of the Voids of Voidbinding is based on Sja-Anat (or vice versa, perhaps), then an Enlightened Radiant-spren (personally I believe it would be a Cryptic, replacing Transformation) with access to that Void would be able to create enlightened spren if they had voidlight on hand. 

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

On 10/12/2020 at 3:49 AM, Ookla The Frustrated said:

They seem to make the spren, so maybe they do that?

Maybe they draw them?

It is highly unlikely 4th ideal radiants create the spren that make up their plate, that just isn’t how spren work, it is much more likely that they summon/attract already existing ones that then stay with them (side note: when plate parts get destroyed what happens to the spren making up that part? When it reforms is that a new spren showing up? Or the old one healing?)

Edited by gremlin303