When did Szeth and Teravangion discuss his Father

SzethIsBadAsHell

I listen to audiobooks , so sometimes you miss things especially when somebody starts talking while your in a chapter .

After Dalinar confronts the Herald Ishar . Szeth is overtaken with melancholy . He keeps saying how did he know . I went back and listened to Szeth chapter and Teravangion interlude . Neither of them talk about Szeths father . So did I miss something ? Or is this info that was shared off screen ? Or did they perhaps talk about his father in another book . 
        I hope I just missed it and not that this was givin to us off screen . 

He mentioned it completely in passing, no idea how T came to this information:

“I will not serve you,” Szeth said. “I will not be manipulated by you again. My stone … was always only a stone.… My father said…”

“Your father is dead, Szeth,” Taravangian said. “Listen to me. Listen.” He read from the notebook. “‘Fortunately, I believe his ability to see us here is limited. Therefore, we may talk freely. I doubt you can harm Odium directly unless you are in one of his visions. You must get into one of those visions. Can you do this?’”

Sanderson, Brandon. Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive) (p. 842). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition. 

20 minutes ago, Subvisual Haze said:

He mentioned it completely in passing, no idea how T came to this information:

Funny thing I listened to this part yesterday . It’s so fast I missed it . Thx a lot . I really am enjoying Terovangion Arc . He is the antagonist that we can actually respect his genius . 

Way back in WoR Tanavangian made reference to one of the Honorblades going missing when trying to convince Szeth that Kaladin couldn't be a Radiant.

“No, no,” Taravangian said. “I have learned this only recently. Yes, it makes sense now. One of the Honorblades has vanished.”

Szeth blinked, and he focused on Taravangian, as if returning from a distant place. “One of the other seven?”

“Yes,” Taravangian said. “I have heard only hints. Your people are secretive. But yes . . . I see, it is one of the two that allow Regrowth. Kholin must have it.”

Sanderson, Brandon. Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archive, The) (p. 912). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition. 

I had assumed he made the whole thing up on the spot, but the part about an Honorblade going missing seems to have been true.  I wonder if he knew back then that it was the blade from Szeth's father.

2 hours ago, Subvisual Haze said:

I had assumed he made the whole thing up on the spot, but the part about an Honorblade going missing seems to have been true.  I wonder if he knew back then that it was the blade from Szeth's father.

Oh I remember that , it was a lie , he was trying to say Kaladin had a honorblade, and therefore wasn’t radiant . Which meant Szeth was still truthless . The fact that it happened later is coincidence! 

45 minutes ago, SzethIsBadAsHell said:

Oh I remember that , it was a lie , he was trying to say Kaladin had a honorblade, and therefore wasn’t radiant . Which meant Szeth was still truthless . The fact that it happened later is coincidence! 

Well he was definitely lying about Kaladin having the Honorblade, but he might have known at this point that an honorblade was truly missing.

1 hour ago, Subvisual Haze said:

Well he was definitely lying about Kaladin having the Honorblade, but he might have known at this point that an honorblade was truly missing.

he could your right. nice catch. brandon pisses me off always doing this, he does so much foreshadowing we seeing rust and wondering , wait was he telling the truth here....