A little thing to note on Renarin

Koloss17

So if and when Renarin gains a shardblade and Shardplate, he possibly will have an alloy of honor, cultivation, and odium. That can have actual implications as well as symbolic implications. The blade might have some aspects or Raysium, like drawing investiture from things, but that isn’t quite how god metals work. It will have interesting effects possibly. There are at least 10 alloys of honor and cultivation’s godmetals, and we don’t know what special properties each of those had. But with those, the heralds might possibly help. For all we know, this will be a new metal. A compound of the three god metals (most likely), and more specifically, an alloy of truthwatcherium (rolls off the toungue) and Raysium (again, most likely). There is the implication that you could make 10 other god metals with the corruption, which is crazy. That is 20 separate godmetals, each presumeably with different capabilities. 

there is also symbolic implications. Renarin is the link between the Truthwatchers and odium (technically Sja-Anat, but she is of odium, so odium), and currently the only link between odium and the radiants, and through extension, honor. He even has one surge of each of them. That is a big thing. He is basically the rhythm of war in physical form, sort of. There is one other that can be a link, but not exactly. That link is Venli. She is bonded to a spren that does not like humans anymore, BUT is using voidlight to fuel the surges. She can also create the rhythm of war, which is the much more physical representation of the bridge, but the intentions are not quite there. She doesn’t want to be a regal and serve odium. She is more of a bridge between honor and the singers. But it is useful to point out.

But Renarin being a link is big. He can be the Harmony between the two and can possibly make a truce or a treaty. It’s something to look out for, for sure.

I have no idea where I am going with this, but it’s interesting to note.

Renarin has a shardblade? He has since early OathBringer. We haven't seen anything off about it so far. But I suspect Shardblades are not a God metal so much as just solid investiture. Otherwise the Fused would be able to convince Voidspren to manifest as Raysium. But instead they said Raysium is quite rare and hard to find. 

Edited by Aminar

9 minutes ago, Aminar said:

Renarin has a shardblade? He has since early OathBringer. We haven't seen anything off about it so far. But I suspect Shardblades are not a God metal so much as just solid investiture. Otherwise the Fused would be able to convince Voidspren to manifest as Raysium. But instead they said Raysium is quite rare and hard to find. 

Well I didn’t know he had a sprenblade! Huh. On your point on godmetals, you are sadly mistaken. The almighty Brando has said that they are godmetals, and the coppermind has it written down. And voidspren are not quite splinters if odium like radiant spren are, as far as I’m aware. There is likely a different dynamic going on.

52 minutes ago, Aminar said:

When we are told that Soulcasters are spren manifesting themselves as fabrials rather than Shardblades, Raboniel notes that Voidspren aren't as self-sacrifing as Honor and Cultivation's.

48 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Well I didn’t know he had a sprenblade! Huh. On your point on godmetals, you are sadly mistaken. The almighty Brando has said that they are godmetals, and the coppermind has it written down. And voidspren are not quite splinters if odium like radiant spren are, as far as I’m aware. There is likely a different dynamic going on.

Not sure I like that. It says weird things about old Fabrials. Can you sharpen a part of a Soulcaster and cut someone with it? That seems off. Maybe Shardblades are a different manifestation than other Fabrials, but that's odd and uncomfortable in the sense that there's two different metals from the same spren. 

15 minutes ago, Aminar said:

Not sure I like that. It says weird things about old Fabrials. Can you sharpen a part of a Soulcaster and cut someone with it? That seems off. Maybe Shardblades are a different manifestation than other Fabrials, but that's odd and uncomfortable in the sense that there's two different metals from the same spren. 

Well shardblades aren’t exactly fabrials. Fabrials work by trapping a spren and forcing them to do your bidding. Shardblades are corned vis the Nahel bond and do not have a trapped spren. The spren is a deadeye if it is not a sprenblade, but it is still not quite trapped like a fabrial, as far as I’m aware.

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

Well shardblades aren’t exactly fabrials. Fabrials work by trapping a spren and forcing them to do your bidding. Shardblades are corned vis the Nahel bond and do not have a trapped spren. The spren is a deadeye if it is not a sprenblade, but it is still not quite trapped like a fabrial, as far as I’m aware.

It feels inconsistent to have the same Spren be able to materialize as two different physical substances. I can see intent being involved, but it should still be the same metal every time a Spren manifests. There's weirdness there that I'm on the fence on. 

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

I believe in RoW Raboniel tells Navani that old school fabrials like Soulcasters are just a Radiant spren manifesting in the physical realm as that fabrial. We don't know the specific mechanics but they were convinced to become fabrials instead of being trapped and forced into it. 

37 minutes ago, Harrycrapper said:

I believe in RoW Raboniel tells Navani that old school fabrials like Soulcasters are just a Radiant spren manifesting in the physical realm as that fabrial. We don't know the specific mechanics but they were convinced to become fabrials instead of being trapped and forced into it. 

Huh. I missed that. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Aminar said:

It feels inconsistent to have the same Spren be able to materialize as two different physical substances. I can see intent being involved, but it should still be the same metal every time a Spren manifests. There's weirdness there that I'm on the fence on. 

There has to be something more going on here. These fabrials are still accompanied by dormant spren in Shadesmar, and the anti-surgebinding fabrial was accompanied by a voidspren. That probably means that the spren isn't manifesting fully into the physical realm. Like, maybe only half its investure has taken physical form? Or something else to do with Intent.

In addition, the Oathgate spren do seem to manifest as a very shardblade-like material.

Edited by Lightspine

11 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Huh. I missed that. Thanks!

Yea Raboniel kinda just drops that fact like it was nothing, Navani was stunned.

2 minutes ago, Lightspine said:

There has to be something more going on here. These fabrials are still accompanied by dormant spren in Shadesmar, and the anti-surgebinding fabrial was accompanied by a voidspren. That probably means that the spren isn't manifesting fully into the physical realm. Like, maybe only half its investure has taken physical form? Or something else to do with Intent.

Ishar's experiments aside, I'm not sure anything can fully manifest in the physical realm and not exist in some capacity in the others. My guess is that manifesting as fabrials without a Nahel bond to anchor the spren's mind basically sends them into a deep coma.