A Magical Reawakening

Goob

16 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Daisy agrees. Where can we go?

"Oh, we can just go outside of the city. But I can't do that now... my mom would kill me. Uh, figuratively. And it's a long walk." She turns to Lilliana. "Do you want to come with... does anyone else hear that?"
Indeed, what sounds like a low growling comes from a nearby knot of trees.

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"Oh, we can just go outside of the city. But I can't do that now... my mom would kill me. Uh, figuratively. And it's a long walk." She turns to Lilliana. "Do you want to come with... does anyone else hear that?"

Hear what?

4 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Daisy squealed and flew into a bush away from the knot of trees where the noise came from, but still near the majestic phoenix.

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Hear what?

"That growling. It's coming from over there-" she freezes before she points at the tree, silent.
A black spots prowls out, still growling. It appears to be a large, black dog- but something about it is very, very wrong. It's eyes are too focused, and they exude a malice you've never seen in an animal. It's teeth were bared, and you can see specks of red on the otherwise perfectly white canines.

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"That growling. It's coming from over there-" she freezes before she points at the tree, silent.
A black spots prowls out, still growling. It appears to be a large, black dog- but something about it is very, very wrong. It's eyes are too focused, and they exude a malice you've never seen in an animal. It's teeth were bared, and you can see specks of red on the otherwise perfectly white canines.

Cadence's flames flared and she hissed instinctively. Why did I do that?

12 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadence's flames flared and she hissed instinctively. Why did I do that?

"Because there's a demon dog in front of us?" says Grace as the aforementioned dog creeps closer, intent clear in it's eyes.

4 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Because there's a demon dog in front of us?" says Grace as the aforementioned dog creeps closer, intent clear in it's eyes.

Lilliana snapped a stick off of a tree. "Here boy. You want the stick?" She waved the stick through the air. "Go get the stick!" She threw the stick as far away as she could. "Go fetch!"

28 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Lilliana snapped a stick off of a tree. "Here boy. You want the stick?" She waved the stick through the air. "Go get the stick!" She threw the stick as far away as she could. "Go fetch!"

Tempting. Very tempting. But...

The devildog ignores the stick, and has now broken into a walk, anticipation in it's eyes.
"Uh, Candence, can you torch that thing?"

14 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

The devildog ignores the stick, and has now broken into a walk, anticipation in it's eyes.
"Uh, Candence, can you torch that thing?"

I think so. Cadence concentrated and her flames shot up. I can't make it go anywhere. So it'll only help if it attacks me. Wait. Get behind me!

30 minutes ago, Condensation said:

I think so. Cadence concentrated and her flames shot up. I can't make it go anywhere. So it'll only help if it attacks me. Wait. Get behind me!

Lilliana decided to climb up a tree that was behind Cadence instead.

Edited by Random Bystander

32 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Grace does so directly before the dog lunges at Candence, aiming for her wing, teeth bared and shining.

7 hours ago, Condensation said:

Cadence kept herself between the dog and Grace, hissing continuously.

It half barks, half growls creating a horrible sound that grates at the ears. Suddenly, it leaps up and over Candence and towards Grace, who shrieks, tumbling backwards.

11 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadence shrieked and leapt at the dog. Grace! Are you okay?

Grace is too busy to reply as she falls to the ground and starts to kick at the hellhound, who ignores her attacks and bites here shoe. Only it's canines punctures the fabric, but they go in deep enough to break skin. Little red drops of blood form, causing Grace to yelp in pain and the dog to energize and tears more frantically at the shoe, before Candence leaps onto it's back, making the dog let go of the foot and writhe in pain and anger, throwing Candence off and leaping for her throat.

10 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadence screeched and ducked her chin, then snapped at the dog's nose. Leave us alone!!!

The dog snarls as you cut open it's nose with your sharp beak, but no blood comes out, just a thick billowy smoke. You begin to smell a sulfuric smell as it's fur begins to fully catch alight from your flames

Meanwhile, Grace is looking for a weapon, before noticing a large rock laying on the ground...