A Magical Reawakening

Goob

39 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Daisy was the fairy... right?

Yes.

33 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Lilliana pulled out her copy of The Way of Kings, sat down on a chair, and started reading.

"What are you reading?" Daisy asked softly.

Just now, Isabelle6060 said:

"What are you reading?" Daisy asked softly.

"Hm? Oh, The Way of Kings. I think this is probably the 30th time I've read it. It is so good." She went back to reading. Normally, she would have stopped reading and talked for longer, but this was The Way of Kings. One does not merely stop reading it so that they can have conversations. It is too good of a book.

54 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Hm? Oh, The Way of Kings. I think this is probably the 30th time I've read it. It is so good." She went back to reading. Normally, she would have stopped reading and talked for longer, but this was The Way of Kings. One does not merely stop reading it so that they can have conversations. It is too good of a book.

Daisy was perfectly fine with the conversation dying. She wondered how good the book was. She said that this was her 30th time reading it. It must be a really good book. After debating for a minute, Daisy hesitantly sat on Lilliana's shoulder and started reading.

50 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Daisy was perfectly fine with the conversation dying. She wondered how good the book was. She said that this was her 30th time reading it. It must be a really good book. After debating for a minute, Daisy hesitantly sat on Lilliana's shoulder and started reading.

"Oh, do you want to read it? I've only read a few pages, I am fine restarting. Tap my shoulder when you are okay with me flipping to the next page." She flipped to the beginning.

Edited by Random Bystander

Just now, Random Bystander said:

"Oh, do you want to read it? I've only read a few pages, I am fine restarting. Tap my shoulder when you are okay with me flipping to the next page." She flipped to the beginning.

"Thanks" Daisy started reading the beginning, tapping Lilliana's shoulder as necessary.

And so Daisy's Cosmere obsession begins.

3 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Thanks" Daisy started reading the beginning, tapping Lilliana's shoulder as necessary.

After a while, Lilliana started sobbing. "Why is this book so beautiful." She said as she sobbed.

Just wait until I introduce her to audiobooks.

9 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

They eventually finished the book. "Noooooo! It's over! Noooo!" (They had been sitting there, reading for a while.)

Daisy flew around, full of energy. "That was the best book I have ever read! Is there another book? Is there?"

Daisy flew around, full of energy. "That was the best book I have ever read! Is there another book? Is there?"

"Yeah. But book 3 hasn't come out yet. And there is a book of his that is supposed to come out on the 6th. It's in a totally different series." She paused. "Oh wait. My book is in my hotel room. Dang it."

6 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Yeah. But book 3 hasn't come out yet. And there is a book of his that is supposed to come out on the 6th. It's in a totally different series." She paused. "Oh wait. My book is in my hotel room. Dang it."

"Jinn, can you make Lilliana's book appear? And what is this other series?"

@Channelknight Fadran

"Jinn, can you make Lilliana's book appear? And what is this other series?"

@Channelknight Fadran

"Oh!" She said happily. "He has many different series. There's his stand-alone books, elantris and warbreaker, there's the mistborn series Era 1, and the mist born series Era 2, and then there is this series, and it's called the stormlight archive. These are all supposed to happen in the same universe, so the books have this one character named Hoid, or as you saw him in here, Wit. There are also series outside of the Cosmere, there's the rithmatist and it's eventual sequal, there's the alcatraz vs. the evil librarians series, and then there's the one I'm talking about, and that's the reckoners series. All of his published books are in my suitcase in my hotel room, except the way of kings and warbreaker, which I have with me."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hm? Oh. I already did." Jinn set down all the Cosmere books he had just finished reading in approximately fifteen seconds. "I'd maybe steer clear from Warbreaker, though..."

"Why?" She then realized that she might know what he was talking about. "Oh." Awkward... "And as I just said, there are more than just the Cosmere books."

Grace listens, mildly interested- she wasn't the biggest fantasy fan, but she wouldn't pass up a good book.

Uh... Give me a while to think of an actual plot. We'll probably have to timeskip...

20 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Grace listens, mildly interested- she wasn't the biggest fantasy fan, but she wouldn't pass up a good book.

I'm going to make it my mission to turn her into a cosmere fan.

"The definite best are the stormlight archive books. I'd have to go with mistborn being the next best. They are all really good. I can now guess major plot points in movies, and in books he didn't write."

18 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Cool! We can celebrate the world going mad together. Come on, Daisy, Candence." 

Okay. 

18 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'm floating, and I think Cadence and Daisy are both flying."

I think you're picturing Cadence wrong. She's like a griffin on fire, not the Harry Potter version of a phoenix. ^_^

34 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

I believe Order had a plot, whenever we're ready. 

9 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hm? Oh. I already did." Jinn set down all the Cosmere books he had just finished reading in approximately fifteen seconds. "I'd maybe steer clear from Warbreaker, though..."

"Why should I steer clear from Warbreaker?"

7 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"The definite best are the stormlight archive books. I'd have to go with mistborn being the next best. They are all really good. I can now guess major plot points in movies, and in books he didn't write."

"If Mistborn is the next best, can we start reading that now?"

4 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Why should I steer clear from Warbreaker?"

"If Mistborn is the next best, can we start reading that now?"

"Don't you want to read Words of Radiance? It's the sequel to The Way of Kings..." A thought occurred to her, and a huge grin spread across her face. She looked at Jinn. "Would you be opposed to me wishing that the rest of the Cosmere books were already out?"

13 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Don't you want to read Words of Radiance? It's the sequel to The Way of Kings..." A thought occurred to her, and a huge grin spread across her face. She looked at Jinn. "Would you be opposed to me wishing that the rest of the Cosmere books were already out?"

"Oh, yes, lets read Words of Radiance first."

Grace yawns and grabs the remote, turning the TV on and switching to the news. And the bad news started rolling in...

Here you go, an outlet for adding your own ways how the world is going to heck. Or not, I guess.