Converting investiture

Adolinalsium

I've been thinking and what is your could convert investiture. I think I read that brandon was hoping to eventually make a table. But what if you could convert investiture so a breath equaled like five gemhearts it something cool like that and I know that Vasher has learned something similar but it could still be really cool. Like if Good learned how or if you could make breaths. But you need an insane amount of storming for one breath of something. Is like to hear your thoughts about it.

Converting between different types of investiture is possible but "takes effort."  RoW

Spoiler

I am wondering if Navani's method would work IE turning stormlight into voidlight via the same method as making antivoidlight but I don't think it is that simple.

Edited by Karger

On 11/25/2020 at 6:12 PM, Karger said:

Spoiler

I am wondering if Navani's method would work IE turning stormlight into voidlight via the same method as making antivoidlight but I don't think it is that simple.

yeah. I dont think its anywhere near that simple.

with what was learned in RoW

Spoiler

the way i see it is, the creation of an anti-investiture(Voidlight as weve seen used) doesn’t actually change the “form” of the Investiture, it changes the “frequency” of that Investiture(and not even that). Its still Voidlight, its tune is just being played out of phase, with the Intent that it does something.And because of Intent in the cosmere, they think it’ll do something. Therefore it does

the usage of the term “anti-voidlight” or, if we go one step higher, anti-investiture, just doesnt sit well with me.

The usage of the term “anti”, to me, implies that the anti-Investiture is kinda like its own thing. Not voidlight.

Edited by Eternal Khol

On 11/26/2020 at 0:54 PM, Eternal Khol said:

Whoopsies.... 

thanks for reminding me

Your quote from Karger still has unhidden spoilers, just fyi. 

On 11/26/2020 at 11:52 AM, Eternal Khol said:

with what was learned in RoW

Hide contents

the way i see it is, the creation of an anti-investiture(Voidlight as weve seen used) doesn’t actually change the “form” of the Investiture, it changes the “frequency” of that Investiture(and not even that). Its still Voidlight, its tune is just being played out of phase, with the Intent that it does something.And because of Intent in the cosmere, they think it’ll do something. Therefore it does

the usage of the term “anti-voidlight” or, if we go one step higher, anti-investiture, just doesnt sit well with me.

The usage of the term “anti”, to me, implies that the anti-Investiture is kinda like its own thing. Not voidlight.

going to spoil my whole response, because using evasive wording is annoying and not very effective:

Spoiler

As a whole I agree with your interpretation of it, in that it isn't a different form of Investiture being created, just a different representation of that same Investiture. As a whole I find it a very Roshar thing to have rhythms for all the Investitures at play there, though it might be a universal thing, which the system there (with being designed deliberately by Adonalsium) has some extra connection to. Referring to it as Inverted Voidlight or some other phrase like that, while more accurate to what I think is going on under the hood there, is kind of bulky to type compared to anti-Voidlight, so would probably not be used even if Brandon confirmed it.

10 hours ago, Realmatic Shadow said:

Your quote from Karger still has unhidden spoilers, just fyi. 

Thanks. I totally missed that.

10 hours ago, Realmatic Shadow said:
Spoiler

though it might be a universal thing, which the system there (with being designed deliberately by Adonalsium) has some extra connection to.

Brandon has recently said

Spoiler

The tones can be expanded to other shards and invested arts around the cosmere.”

and we have the older WoB that says that the Rhythms are a cosmere wide Phenomena that manifests in a specific way on Roshar. 

so that seems to be true

Edited by Eternal Khol