Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

52 minutes ago, Tesh said:

"You think that we're going to kill this dragon? That is not our goal."

Xeus chuckled to himself. "No, no, no, you misunderstand me. Did I not say I believed it was impossible for any mortal? Forgive me. It has been a while since I've had to speak with others. But I know from my culture that something is happening, and I believe it is related to this quest."

10 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Orpheus turned. "I am sorry, we can step out of your way."

She nodded respectfully his way, and nudged Abalard forward.  He didn't move.

She nudged him again, not an inch.

Again and again and again she tried.

Come on, move! She thought, exasperated, but Abalard gave her a look, one that clearly said, I'm not moving, you're going to.

Nyxim sighed and dismounted, turning to the man who had spoken, "My stubborn brat of a horse thinks something is going on that I need to know about, and by the looks of your party, he seems to be correct."

Just now, King Aragorn of Gondor said:

She nodded respectfully his way, and nudged Abalard forward.  He didn't move.

She nudged him again, not an inch.

Again and again and again she tried.

Come on, move! She thought, exasperated, but Abalard gave her a look, one that clearly said, I'm not moving, you're going to.

Nyxim sighed and dismounted, turning to the man who had spoken, "My stubborn brat of a horse thinks something is going on that I need to know about, and by the looks of your party, he seems to be correct."

Orpheus sighed, a little exasperated. "What do you need to know about? The dragon we're after? Would you like a copy of the prophecy?"

He held up a copy of the paper. He was worried from the beginning that he had made too many, but now he was worried he wasn't going to have enough.

27 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Orpheus sighed, a little exasperated. "What do you need to know about? The dragon we're after? Would you like a copy of the prophecy?"

He held up a copy of the paper. He was worried from the beginning that he had made too many, but now he was worried he wasn't going to have enough.

Nyxim furrowed her brow in confusion.

"Wait, wait, back up a little bit, you're after a freaking dragon?!?  What prophecy?!?  Is it like... legit??  What is going on here, exactly?"  She asked, waiting for a story so epic she could include it in her routine entertaining gigs.

10 hours ago, King Aragorn of Gondor said:

Nyxim furrowed her brow in confusion.

"Wait, wait, back up a little bit, you're after a freaking dragon?!?  What prophecy?!?  Is it like... legit??  What is going on here, exactly?"  She asked, waiting for a story so epic she could include it in her routine entertaining gigs.

"Once upon a time the Shadow, the elf, and I were standing right next to each and the Shadow spat out a prophecy about finding a dragon. I'm pretty sure that it is legit. And so we're here, on some quest, not quite sure what we're going to do when we get there."

–♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦–

Xeus examines the other members of the group, and lingers a little looking at Ara and Avren. If only I had magic, he thought to himself. Somehow, however, I trust these people.

@JesterLavorre @The Awakened Salad

Dang it, I accidentally sent it before tagging Salad. Oh well.

Edited by Knight of Iron

59 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Once upon a time the Shadow, the elf, and I were standing right next to each and the Shadow spat out a prophecy about finding a dragon. I'm pretty sure that it is legit. And so we're here, on some quest, not quite sure what we're going to do when we get there."

–♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦–

Xeus examines the other members of the group, and lingers a little looking at Ara and Avren. If only I had magic, he thought to himself. Somehow, however, I trust these people.

@JesterLavorre @The Awakened Salad

Ara stepped forward at his look. “Uh, hi! I’m Ara, and this is Memory.” She gestured for Memory to come foreward from where they stood against a tree, nearly invisible in the morning sun. Memory slinked out of the light and into the shadows where they were more visible, then snapped into two dimensions, fusing with Ara’s normal shadow.

22 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

Ara stepped forward at his look. “Uh, hi! I’m Ara, and this is Memory.” She gestured for Memory to come forward from where they stood against a tree, nearly invisible in the morning sun. Memory slinked out of the light and into the shadows where they were more visible, then snapped into two dimensions, fusing with Ara’s normal shadow.

"Interesting shadow you have there," said Xeus, "Do you... Manifest? I'm a bit of an expert of magic systems, you see. How experienced are you with it?"

6 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Interesting shadow you have there," said Xeus, "Do you... Manifest? I'm a bit of an expert of magic systems, you see. How experienced are you with it?"

Did you... just create a magic researcher character? Now that's uncalled for. It's not my fault Gal didn't really know much about other magic systems before, we didn't work it out yet!

Sorry for complaining, it's not really bad, it's just that Gal is about to seem ignorant, not knowing any other magic system than his own.

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

Why is he looking at me? Avren glanced away, and was relieved when Ara began to introduce herself. This newcomer wasn’t as terrifying as the transparent one, but Avren had gathered too much attention for one day. 

Still focused on the transparent man, his thoughts kept spinning around, before landing on a single question. It repeated over and over in his mind.

How does he know? How does he know? How does he know? 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

1 minute ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Why is he looking at me? Avren glanced away, and was relieved when Ara began to introduce herself. This newcomer wasn’t as terrifying as the transparent one, but Avren had gathered too much attention for one day. 

His thoughts kept spinning around, but landed on a single question. It repeated over and over in his mind, constantly nagging at him.

How does he know? How does he know? How does he know? 

Xeus gave a friendly smile at Avren, who seemed to be a little frightened. "Are you okay?"

Whoops. I was busy on the weekend and wasn't able to spend any time working on this. And now I'm behind. :wacko:

Ok, so Chrys went back to her clan when we did the little time skip, and has spent that time convincing her father to let her go along with the group on their quest, if they wanted her. She walks in on the introductions.

Chrys walked into the clearing where she had left the group, and was relieved when she found that they were still there. And was the group... bigger? She did a quick head count, and found out that yes, the group was in fact bigger. Would they even want me to come along if the group has gotten this big? She shook away those thoughts. If they wanted her to leave, they would tell her. If not, she would come along. If they were looking for a dragon she had to go with them. 

She slipped quietly closer, hoping to hear what they were talking about. 

Just now, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara turned to Gal, "Hi! Whatcha doing?"

Gal raised his head, looking at the girl on the horse. 

"Reading." He said shortly, then returned to do so.

Never said he'd like to have a conversation... Though I guessed Cara would.

1 minute ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Watcha reading?"

Gal looked up, annoyed. "What I'm reading is my own business, thank you. If you wish, you can look and see if you can read it yourself." He ends up with a cynic tone, showing her the inside of the notebook - which is full of small writings in some unknown language.

4 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara squinted, trying to read the notebook, but there was just a bunch of random symbols. Is that even a language? Cara wondered. If it was, it was unknown to her.

"Can you even read that?" Cara asked, pointedly ignoring his bad attitude. 

"Apparently so. Perhaps since I've wrote most of it." Gal says, staying a bit sarcastic. He then moves the notebook back to where only he can read it. "Now, if you please stop bothering me, I could keep reading."

Should it be sarcastic or cynical? I'm not sure.

Edited by Trutharchivist

1 minute ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Apparently so. Perhaps since I've wrote most of it." Gal says, staying a bit sarcastic. He then moves the notebook back to where only he can read it. "Now, if you please stop bothering me, I could keep reading."

Cara sighed, "Sure, sure, I'll leave you to it if you want to be boring, but just one more question before I leave you alone. Why are you reading?"

Just now, Isabelle6060 said:

"Ok, ok, that is way too vague. I need a better answer before I leave you alone."

Gal looks up, very annoyed.

"my name is Owlson, and I am a magic researcher. I just learned about circuiting realmatically keyed energy through the use of human cognition and metal plates. This is not unheard of, though it's not exactly known to act like this. So, I'm passing back through my old notes. Is that enough for you?"

24 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"I've met a few who can do it before. It's very interesting. Do you use runes?"

“Insignials, and, yeah. That’s the primary way I’m able to use Notion I harvest. Maybe we should talk with Gal.” Ara nods toward him. “You two seem to know a lot about magic. Maybe you can help me figure exactly what it is I do.”

Edited by JesterLavorre