Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

Noting the others beginning to get ready for the night, Talnic set his pack up in the branches of a tree, and set about gathering firewood. Once he had a fire going, he allowed himself to sit, resting on a piece of firewood next to the tree that held his pack. He had learned from experience that in winter small rodents would be more than willing to chew through and ruin a waterproof bag just to get at a bit of food.

"Minuet?" Talnic said as the girl walked past.

Aaand, since Connie isn't going to be back for a few days, I guess we wait?

We need to raise the stakes...

Talnic can give another prophecy?

Maybe this dragon is involved with something or has something that could alter the fate of the world or something?

(I kinda want this dragon to be good not evil, if no one minds.)

So, Gal planned an experiment with Valzwyn this night! I think I can do that, if Fadran will cooperate.

Gal returned to the others, noting they seemed to stop for the night. he got a sleeping bag out of a portion of his backpack he didn't open before, then left it at that, approaching Valzwyn with his notebook.

"Are you fine with experimenting now, or would you prefer to sleep?" He asks.

@Channelknight Fadran?

As Orpheus lay in bed, he thinks about realmatic theory and that he probably should have went to school and learned more about it and how it relates to all the different types of magic systems. All he remembered was... something about three realms?

Fᴏᴜʀ, Zanidar corrected.

Oh, he thought, what's the fourth?

Dᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ.

There's the Physical Realm, the Spiritual Realm... and... shoot, I only can remember two. There's other realms, right?

Zanidar sighed and didn't answer him any longer. Orpheus wished he could grab him and strangle him sometimes.

On 12/28/2020 at 5:05 PM, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara's eyes lit up, "Thanks!" She squealed, jumping up and down. She slowed, cocking her head, "So...where're we going? Can'ttellyathatyet, was very vague."

On 12/29/2020 at 4:24 PM, Knight of Iron said:

Orpheus shrugged. "I'm Orpheus," he said, pointing to himself. He continued, pointing at the respective person as he said their name. "That's Minuet, the Shadow, Val, some random quiet lady, Traige, Ara, and Chrys."

Minuet rolled her eyes. Both at the ridiculous interpretation of her statement and at Orpheus's veracity.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:22 PM, Tesh said:

"Minuet?" Talnic said as the girl walked past.

"Yes?"

11 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Minuet rolled her eyes. Both at the ridiculous interpretation of her statement and at Orpheus's veracity.

"Yes?"

Talnic waved Minuet over, and as she drew near, he asked the question he had been mulling over in his mind for the last several hours. "You are involved in things," Talnic said quietly. "I won't ask what they are. But I do need to know if they could potentially bring harm to our companions."

Just now, Tesh said:

Talnic waved Minuet over, and as she drew near, he asked the question he had been mulling over in his mind for the last several hours. "You are involved in things," Talnic said quietly. "I won't ask what they are. But I do need to know if they could potentially bring harm to our companions."

"Can't anything?"

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Can't anything?"

Talnic pulled his hat back a tad, smiling. "That's a good point. Let me ask something else, then. Will you and the things you are involved in put these people in direct danger? If so, what are you willing to do to keep them safe?"

7 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Talnic pulled his hat back a tad, smiling. "That's a good point. Let me ask something else, then. Will you and the things you are involved in put these people in direct danger? If so, what are you willing to do to keep them safe?"

She frowned. "Yes, it's likely that my Grace or the people who desire it will put everyone here in danger. And if I need to, I will leave."

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

She frowned. "Yes, it's likely that my Grace or the people who desire it will put everyone here in danger. And if I need to, I will leave."

"Thank you," Talnic said, nodding.

34 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"However, we are all in danger. After all, we're going after a dragon."

Tesh grinned.

There was more than just a dragon.

There was so much more than just a dragon.

"They really aren't all that dangerous," Talnic said. At just that moment, the sun finally dipped below the horizon, leaving behind only a residual glow. He took off his hat and leaned forward conspiratorially. "You see, all you have to do to not get killed by one is to not try and kill it. That's how I got this." He pulled off a glove, and held up his hand, showing Minuet his ring. "This was given to me by a dragon." Talnic quickly pulled the glove back on, covering the ring once again. 

The light from the sun continued fading, and as it went, Talnic felt himself relax. He had always been the most comfortable under the cover of darkness. He didn't have to try as hard to hide.