Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

10 hours ago, Condensation said:

The sound of jingling gear rose up again, causing Minuet to scramble into the tree again.

Talnic swore, turning to the sound of approaching horses.

It was the same group as before. 

He watched as Minuet disappeared into a tree again.

"Can we help you?" Talnic asked, itching to reach for his sword.

I'm going to be gone for a few days, so feel free to just kind of drag Talnic along behind everyone. I'll be back on Tuesday.

On 18.12.2020 at 5:09 PM, Ookla the Empyreal said:

"Yes, for the most part it is. Especially with the cooking part. There are reasons our feasts are well known. But not visible like the food is a different colour, though I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant." 

Gal keeps talking, ignoring the approaching riders: "Yes, I'm sorry for the unclarity. So, will you share your talent? Or is it too personal?"

First, I'd like to remind that I only started Fire, and that I dislike mind-controlling, which is why I didn't read all the way through it. BTW, I checked in Friday and found out that in the Graceling series the eye colour of a Graceling changed, and they weren't born with heterochromia. So, are Graces different here? It could be so, since heterochromia is a natural event, and since this world isn't dedicated to this magic system unless natural occurrences of heterochromia will also be the sign of a Grace, it won't serve as a sign for Gracelings. (Did that final sentence make any sense?) I'll tag Connie outside for confirmation.

BTW2, why aren't you an Ookla anymore? Does the username automatically return after a month, or did Ookla season end?

@Condensation

I'm gonna join if ya don't mind.

Spoiler

Name: Caramel (nickname Cara)

Skills: Sings, plays guitar, can influence others emotions. She is an entertainer who travels from town-to-town performing/storytelling. She is known as "The Floater". She can influence others emotions through music. Different emotions will be influenced based on the type of music. 

Physical Appearance: She has caramel colored hair with green eyes and freckles. Her hair goes down to her waist. She is 5' 6" and 105lbs. She typically wears brightly colored dresses that go to her ankle and matching sandals. 

Personality: She is a chatty extrovert and good with people.

History: She is an only child with performers for parents (they have the ability to influence emotions through music, too). They traveled to and fro performing for people. They taught Cara how to play guitar and sing. When Cara was twelve, she went off on her own performing for people. She is well-known as "The Wanderer". 

Edited by Isabelle6060

6 hours ago, The Worldookler said:

First, I'd like to remind that I only started Fire, and that I dislike mind-controlling, which is why I didn't read all the way through it. BTW, I checked in Friday and found out that in the Graceling series the eye colour of a Graceling changed, and they weren't born with heterochromia. So, are Graces different here? It could be so, since heterochromia is a natural event, and since this world isn't dedicated to this magic system unless natural occurrences of heterochromia will also be the sign of a Grace, it won't serve as a sign for Gracelings. (Did that final sentence make any sense?) I'll tag Connie outside for confirmation.

BTW2, why aren't you an Ookla anymore? Does the username automatically return after a month, or did Ookla season end?

That's right, they change. They could be different. I don't know for sure. :)

Ookla season's over! :)

21 hours ago, Tesh said:

Talnic swore, turning to the sound of approaching horses.

It was the same group as before. 

He watched as Minuet disappeared into a tree again.

"Can we help you?" Talnic asked, itching to reach for his sword.

"Give her up and we'll leave you be!" Sir Nathaniel called. "Our only quarrel is with her."

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

"Give her up and we'll leave you be!" Sir Nathaniel called. "Our only quarrel is with her."

Ara is part of nobility. Is there any chance she would know anything about your uncle?

Ara steps up. Time to use some of that political training Hayl gave me. “Who do you want? We already told you we haven’t seen the girl. What house  do you serve, soldier?”

16 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

I'm gonna join if ya don't mind.

I truly believe everyone here would gladly accept your joining, but I'm a jerk who gets caught in small details, and so: first, your magic system is very much like the character Chrys' (@Ookla the Empyreal's character) ability, which is completely fine, especially since we probably need to stop getting new magic systems. One problem is it seems a little far-fetched to get it into this magic system, but you don't really have to anyway, so I'm just blubbering. Another point is the fact that my character's species is called Wanderers. Again, no problem, only know that it might be confusing. You very well may ignore me, I'm only the self appointed unofficial continuity editor, which means I have no authority at all.

Also, welcome to the shard!

Edit: Who's that @JesterLavorre? And where is Ara's real player, Ookla the Sprinkle? Oh, wait a moment...

Seriously, it was a little weird to see you un-ookla'd. I probably shouldn't have joined an RP in Ookla season.

Edited by Trutharchivist

18 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Gal keeps talking, ignoring the approaching riders: "Yes, I'm sorry for the unclarity. So, will you share your talent? Or is it too personal?”

Chrys started to reply, but was interrupted by the man on the horse. It seems like he is looking for Minuet. She glanced over to where the girl used to be, but thankfully the girl had moved into the bushes so she wouldn’t be seen. Good. Chrys then looked over to where the man on the horse and a few of the group were confronting each other. “Do you mind pausing our questions for now Owlson? I have a feeling this isn’t going to end well.” She moved her stance a little bit, so she’d be ready to fight. 

3 minutes ago, Cosmical Existence said:

Chrys started to reply, but was interrupted by the man on the horse. It seems like he is looking for Minuet. She glanced over to where the girl used to be, but thankfully the girl had moved into the bushes so she wouldn’t be seen. Good. Chrys then looked over to where the man on the horse and a few of the group were confronting each other. “Do you mind pausing our questions for now Owlson? I have a feeling this isn’t going to end well.” She moved her stance a little bit, so she’d be ready to fight. 

Gal looks up, and seems merely a little annoyed. "If you wish so." He then completely ignores the riders, and returns to reading his notebook.

13 hours ago, Condensation said:

Orpheus sees Ara step up and confront the knight. His wound had healed and he was feeling as fresh as ever.

He unsheathed his wicked hunting knife and fiddled with it, glaring at the man threateningly.

16 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

Ara steps up. Time to use some of that political training Hayl gave me. “Who do you want? We already told you we haven’t seen the girl. What house  do you serve, soldier?”

It’s possible.

“I am of the house of Lord Leggerio. I already know she’s with you, so there’s no use in lying. Hand her over.”

8 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

I truly believe everyone here would gladly accept your joining, but I'm a jerk who gets caught in small details, and so: first, your magic system is very much like the character Chrys' (@Ookla the Empyreal's character) ability, which is completely fine, especially since we probably need to stop getting new magic systems. One problem is it seems a little far-fetched to get it into this magic system, but you don't really have to anyway, so I'm just blubbering. Another point is the fact that my character's species is called Wanderers. Again, no problem, only know that it might be confusing. You very well may ignore me, I'm only the self appointed unofficial continuity editor, which means I have no authority at all.

Oh, I didn't realize that there was already a magic system like the one I wanted. Is it fine if my character is from Chrys' magic system then (just so there isn't too many magic systems). Like, Cara's great grandparents were from the Draoidh clan, but then went off on their own to be entertainers or something like that? Also, thanks for pointing out that your character's species is called Wanderers. She can be called, The Floater.

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

“Or we’ll have to do this the painful way.” Sir Nathaniel motioned to his soldiers, two of whom dismounted and stepped into the trees.

Rosalie frowned. “And why exactly do you think we’ll let you take her?” She didn’t know this person, but she definitely wasn’t letting these strangers take her away.

Edited by Vapor

5 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Like, Cara's great grandparents were from the Draoidh clan, but then went off on their own to be entertainers or something like that?

Sure.:) That works, and it would be fun for Chrys and Cara to find out that they are cousins of a sort, if that’s ok with you. 

5 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

“I’m sure we can come to some peaceful accord we are both happy with. Why is it you want her?”

5 hours ago, Vapor said:

Rosalie frowned. “And why exactly do you think we’ll let you take her?” She didn’t know this person, but she definitely wasn’t letting these strangers take her away.

"She has a responsibility of sorts to her uncle. You don't have to let us take her, but it would be advised."

5 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"You do have her. I know you do. And it'll be easier for both of us."

Ara was hoping this would be as easy as “she doesn’t want to come? Okay, she can stay with you.” I guess not. He seems okay, maybe I can reason with him? Appeal to his sense of morality?

Ara says “Then, perhaps we should just go our separate ways. I doubt either of us want anything on our conscience, right? Do you have family at home? What would they think?”

1 minute ago, JesterLavorre said:

Ara says “Then, perhaps we should just go our separate ways. I doubt either of us want anything on our conscience, right? Do you have family at home? What would they think?”

"Not an option. Either you hand her over or we find her and make her come. Now, where is she?"

35 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Not an option. Either you hand her over or we find her and make her come. Now, where is she?"

Well, I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do this. Ara tries to suppress the shaking in her hands, holding one arm in the other, she takes a step foreword, trying to project authority.

”I am Lady Auriel Orius of House Orius, and I take insult at your insinuation that I am a liar! Now, when you go back to your lord, tell him you have insulted an Elevated One so! Now, begone!” Ara winced inwardly. Poor soldier. Hopefully word of this encounter didn’t get back to her family. Ara had gone quite some time without having to run into them.

You can decide how the soldier reacts to this, or if he even knows about Ara’s house, or believes her. Mainly, this is just an excuse for Ara’s house to learn where she is.

1 hour ago, JesterLavorre said:

Well, I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do this. Ara tries to suppress the shaking in her hands, holding one arm in the other, she takes a step foreword, trying to project authority.

”I am Lady Auriel Orius of House Orius, and I take insult at your insinuation that I am a liar! Now, when you go back to your lord, tell him you have insulted an Elevated One so! Now, begone!” Ara winced inwardly. Poor soldier. Hopefully word of this encounter didn’t get back to her family. Ara had gone quite some time without having to run into them.

Gal looks up immediately, then groans. Apparently, he's not only messed up in a prophecy, but with politics too. Bother. He could never decide which was worse.

8 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

An elaborate lie. "If this doesn't work, Ara, we'll have to do this the hard way. They seem pretty set on it."