Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

1 minute ago, Ookla the Empyreal said:

"I hope for your sake that you have escaped the something terrible by journeying with this man. You have many years ahead of you, young elf." 

She paused, hoping she hadn't offended the elf by calling her young. It had been a while since her clan had dealt with younger elves. "I have given you my name. May I ask yours?" 

"I'm Valzwyn."

37 minutes ago, Ookla the Empyreal said:

Chrys visibly paused at the word dragon, the smile on her face faltering before she composed herself and smiled again. "A dragon?"  

"It's about a prophecy. I've heard the warning too, as it was part of the prophecy. I think Valzwyn was a first-hand witness, and so has little choice over whether to join or not. I advice you to just get away - though I made that mistake, you really shouldn't get tangled up with prophecies. They can be messy."

Gal hesitated for a second. "Since I don't believe it probable that I'll meet your people at any other opportunity, can I ask you a few questions?"

BTW, Gal meant to ask her if he could get an appointment to meet her people, though he didn't state it very straight forwardly. I mean, he has no reason to wish to talk to Chrys specifically.

One more thing: a reminder. I didn't write Gal all that much this way, but he technically is just a boy, 16 years old, and it can be seen. So this "scholar" is a very weird one. And he always wears a hat.

Edited by The Worldookler

25 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

One more thing: a reminder. I didn't write Gal all that much this way, but he technically is just a boy, 16 years old, and it can be seen. So this "scholar" is a very weird one. And he always wears a hat.

Thanks for the reminder, though I factored that into Chry's opinion of him. (I have the google doc open while I write so I get things right) 

Does someone want to speak up and mention that they should keep walking? 

25 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

"It's about a prophecy. I've heard the warning too, as it was part of the prophecy. I think Valzwyn was a first-hand witness, and so has little choice over whether to join or not. I advice you to just get away - though I made that mistake, you really shouldn't get tangled up with prophecies. They can be messy."

Gal hesitated for a second. "Since I don't believe it probable that I'll meet your people at any other opportunity, can I ask you a few questions?"

"Yes, they can be." Chrys nodded gravely. "Though I can see the appeal they have for people. And often you don't have a choice when it comes to prophecies. You just go where you are meant to be." She moved to get a little closer to the young man. "I have time if you do. Ask away." 

Edited by Ookla the Empyreal

28 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

Talnic stared at Gal. "You've had experience with prophecies before?" he asked. Talnic faltered for a moment, trying to figure out how to continue with his question. "You must share with me what you know," he finally said.

Avren searched the forest, partially because he wasn’t willing to give up, and partially to keep his mind off of what just happened. He knew deep down, however, that the man was gone. 

Eventually, he burst into the clearing where the others were.

“There was a man,” he said, the words tumbling out too quickly. “He was controlling the bear.” 

3 hours ago, Ookla the Ethereal said:

“There was a man,” he said, the words tumbling out too quickly. “He was controlling the bear.” 

"...controlling the bear? What do you mean?"

Orpheus noticed a few of his comrades were addressing a new girl. He listened a moment. Her name was... Chrys?

@Ookla the Empyreal

Orpheus approaches her. "Do you know anything about that bear?" He looks at the dead carcass laying nearby.

46 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Orpheus approaches her. "Do you know anything about that bear?" He looks at the dead carcass laying nearby.

Chrys looks from the person who just emerged from the forest to the man who approached her. “Not enough to help you find more information, most things I know are rumours and myths. My people stay away from the beasts of the forest when we travel, though this bear seems to be more than a simple beast, if what your friend says is true.” 

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Ethereal said:

“He was using some sort of magic. I... stabbed him, but he got away.” He looked down, remembering his bloody knife. “Er, do you have a rag I can use?”

Chrys reached into her bag and pulled out a cloth. “Here, I have one.” 

8 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Talnic stared at Gal. "You've had experience with prophecies before?" he asked. Talnic faltered for a moment, trying to figure out how to continue with his question. "You must share with me what you know," he finally said.

Gal was about to start questioning Chrys of the Draoidh when the Shadow spoke. He turned to the Shadow, huffing in annoyance.

"Yes, I have some experience with prophecies, though probably not in the way you think. Part of my training as a researcher included learning a lot of prophecies by heart, and believe me, if you would've had to memorize this amount of prophecies you'd hate them as much as I do. I also learned a little about the mechanics of prophecy-giving, and if you wish I could lecture you in that, but right now, I'm trying to talk to this Draoidh here, so please don't interfere."

8 hours ago, Ookla the Empyreal said:

"Yes, they can be." Chrys nodded gravely. "Though I can see the appeal they have for people. And often you don't have a choice when it comes to prophecies. You just go where you are meant to be." She moved to get a little closer to the young man. "I have time if you do. Ask away." 

Gal turned back to this Chrys: "So, does your tribe have inherent magical abilities? Do you count yourselves as an ethnic group or as a different species, as some people think you are? Do you have any connection to the legendary faërie folk?"

All right, I guess this last one was uncalled for, but you can't make weird time shifting feasts without me going in that direction. Sorry.

BTW, I wrote faërie because it seems cool, though I probably should just use normal spelling. Sorry.

Oh, and one more thing: it seems that Gal might give a lecture in realmatics in the evening, though if you think it'd be better if he won't I can understand. Anyway, if there will be and you want to get something inside just tell me - I'm building it while I go, and since it affects approximately all the characters I think it'll be better if I won't just spit out things. I mean, Gal could just be mistaken, but he did learn a lot about it.

7 hours ago, The Worldookler said:

Gal turned back to this Chrys: "So, does your tribe have inherent magical abilities? Do you count yourselves as an ethnic group or as a different species, as some people think you are? Do you have any connection to the legendary faërie folk?"

Chrys smiled as she listened to the young scholar give a brief explanation of prophecies. It was obvious from the way he spoke that he was passionate about knowledge, though like most young people didn't like memorizing large amounts of information. She was startled when he ended his blurb with an insistence to not interfere with his questioning of her. 

"To answer your first question, yes, in a fashion. We don't have flashy magic, it's more of a practical magic, which helps us in our day to day lives. Usually it's something mundane, like one person in our clan can never burn something on while he cooks, or one person can light a fire in any weather condition, even rain." She paused a bit before continuing. "We consider ourselves more of an ethnic group, rather than a complete different species than humans. We have common ancestors, if you believe the old stories, though their paths divided at a time forgotten by most men." She laughed as she thought about Owlson's third question. "No, no relation to the faërie. You are thinking about the rumors that time moves differently during our feasts. Those are not true. We just throw very good feasts." 

7 hours ago, The Worldookler said:

All right, I guess this last one was uncalled for, but you can't make weird time shifting feasts without me going in that direction. Sorry.

BTW, I wrote faërie because it seems cool, though I probably should just use normal spelling. Sorry.

That was the direction I was going when I added that little rumor into the Draoidh lore. And the spelling of faërie is cool, I like it. 

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Empyreal said:

Chrys smiled as she listened to the young scholar give a brief explanation of prophecies. It was obvious from the way he spoke that he was passionate about knowledge, though like most young people didn't like memorizing large amounts of information. She was startled when he ended his blurb with an insistence to not interfere with his questioning of her. 

"To answer your first question, yes, in a fashion. We don't have flashy magic, it's more of a practical magic, which helps us in our day to day lives. Usually it's something mundane, like one person in our clan can never burn something on while he cooks, or one person can light a fire in any weather condition, even rain." She paused a bit before continuing. "We consider ourselves more of an ethnic group, rather than a complete different species than humans. We have common ancestors, if you believe the old stories, though their paths divided at a time forgotten by most men." She laughed as she thought about Owlson's third question. "No, no relation to the faërie. You are thinking about the rumors that time moves differently during our feasts. Those are not true. We just throw very good feasts." 

Gal flips some pages in his notebook and starts scribbling. "Too bad about the faërie. You were one of the possible confirmation lines. So, does every person in your clan have a talent like this? When intermarrying with other ethnic groups, does the magic stays intact in the descendants?" He stopped for a moment, then, glancing at Minuet (@Ookla the Grammatical), asked: "Do you think your magic might be related to Graces?"

2 hours ago, The Worldookler said:

Gal flips some pages in his notebook and starts scribbling. "Too bad about the faërie. You were one of the possible confirmation lines. So, does every person in your clan have a talent like this? When intermarrying with other ethnic groups, does the magic stays intact in the descendants?" He stopped for a moment, then, glancing at Minuet (@Ookla the Grammatical), asked: "Do you think your magic might be related to Graces?"

"Pretty much everyone. There are a few rare cases, but they are far and few in between. The magic is inherited through the mother, but it doesn't dilute or diminish over the years. The only part of us that shows more the more pure your line is, is the gold sheen to our skin." She saw the quick movement of the redhaired girl, and was curious as to why the part about Graces was so important to her. "I don't know how Graces work, my understanding is that they are more rare in their occurrences." 

13 hours ago, The Worldookler said:

Gal was about to start questioning Chrys of the Draoidh when the Shadow spoke. He turned to the Shadow, huffing in annoyance.

"Yes, I have some experience with prophecies, though probably not in the way you think. Part of my training as a researcher included learning a lot of prophecies by heart, and believe me, if you would've had to memorize this amount of prophecies you'd hate them as much as I do. I also learned a little about the mechanics of prophecy-giving, and if you wish I could lecture you in that, but right now, I'm trying to talk to this Draoidh here, so please don't interfere."

Despite his shock, Talnic scowled at Owlson's response. "We will talk later," he growled, then stalked off.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Empyreal said:

"Pretty much everyone. There are a few rare cases, but they are far and few in between. The magic is inherited through the mother, but it doesn't dilute or diminish over the years. The only part of us that shows more the more pure your line is, is the gold sheen to our skin." She saw the quick movement of the redhaired girl, and was curious as to why the part about Graces was so important to her. "I don't know how Graces work, my understanding is that they are more rare in their occurrences." 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Minuet stepped closer. "Yes, they're certainly more rare." 

"As far as I know, Graces aren't hereditary." Said Gal, looking at the notebook. He then looked up. "So, you are an ethnic group, a matriarchal one, perhaps? You said you share origins, I believe you meant with all tribes of Draoidhs. What do you know of this ancestry?"

Gal turned to Minuet. "By the way, is Grace something hereditary? Do you have Graced relatives?"

BTW, Would you prefer that I'll call Gal just Owlson in my comments? I expect it would become confusing otherwise.

Edited by The Worldookler