My original theory on the six remaining shards seems pretty accurate ...

Ixthos

For those who haven't seen it, I will link it here:

Mercy matches exactly, Crafting or Pragmatism could be Invention, and Dreams seems like Whimsy. Valour, unfortunately, doesn't match any exactly but it could correspond to Vengeance. So, does anyone else think it likely the remaining shards are Wisdom and Vengeance, or Pragmatism?

We didn't quite get all sixteen yet, right? We got a bunch more: Valor, Mercy, Whimsy, Invention; did I forget any?

That's four, on top of the ten we'd had already: Preservation, Ruin, Ambition, Devotion, Dominion, Endowment, Autonomy, and of course, Honor, Cultivation, and Odium.

So we're down to just two now, right?

13 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Well, Brandon has hinted at a Wisdom/Prudence Shard...

Ah, dear Prudence. Won't you come out to play?

And while WoBs have said that not all Shards pair with exact opposites like Preservation and Ruin did, I still like to think the "Shard that just wants to hide and survive" is the Shard of Cowardice. To pair with Valor!

28 minutes ago, robardin said:

We didn't quite get all sixteen yet, right? We got a bunch more: Valor, Mercy, Whimsy, Invention; did I forget any?

That's four, on top of the ten we'd had already: Preservation, Ruin, Ambition, Devotion, Dominion, Endowment, Autonomy, and of course, Honor, Cultivation, and Odium.

Ah, dear Prudence. Won't you come out to play?

And while WoBs have said that not all Shards pair with exact opposites like Preservation and Ruin did, I still like to think the "Shard that just wants to hide and survive" is the Shard of Cowardice. To pair with Valor!

Prudence would be an Opposite of Valor. 

DAWNSHARD SPOILERS:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.bb76fbfda3a278323cee5af70891c84a.jpg

The chart I created mapping the 16.

5 hours ago, robardin said:

I mean, I did kind of say that at the start didn't I? :-P but yes, four were named, leaving two, which would be enough, if the quadrant theories are accurate, to fully fill out at least two quadrants, and partially fill out two others, or half fill out one.

Basically I think that my model, while needing tweeking, still holds for the most part, and of course a lot of these, like with Odium, aren't necesserily the exact right names for the shards being discussed, so Whimsy, for example, might not actually be about being random but rather about just doing things because they seem interesting, etc. So Valour could be Vengeance in that it is doing something despite obstacles or indeed requiring obstacles, while Vengeance is about balancing the books no matter the cost.

5 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Prudence would be an Opposite of Valor. 

DAWNSHARD SPOILERS:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpg.bb76fbfda3a278323cee5af70891c84a.jpg

The chart I created mapping the 16.

OK,  that's true enough. I just liked the humor value of having a Shard called Cowardice. It does have a certain bite. Like maybe, some people call the Shard "Cowardice" but its Vessel insists on "Prudence" the way that Rayse wanted to be called Passion. LOL.

Consider it... Whimsy on my part.