Coup (the game)

Chasmgoat

1 minute ago, Whysper said:

Well, 1 of 3 with the most coins. The others who taxed had 5 coins as well. And their turns were coming up sooner. :) But that's fine. I'll still forgive..... for now. :)

Hehe, now I know who take ask if I want to bring SoS down a peg. But seriously, wait, Hoid might block.

1 minute ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Wait, Hoid might be able to block.

Oh, that's true. Hmmmm, do we need to designate a certain amount of time for that? We've kind of been allowing the next person to choose how much time they give for challenges and such.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
Just now, Whysper said:

Oh, that's true. Hmmmm, do we need to designate a certain amount of time for that? We've kind of been allowing the next person to choose how much time they give for challenges and such.

Ya so the next person up should go now

Edited by Somebody from Sel

5 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

hmm... In the normal game you have to wait until they respond with "I block as" or "I don't block" 

We haven't played that way so far, but I think that is better than rushing and skipping their reaction.

I agree that we should at least do this for stealing.

Technically we should let everyone respond to actions that can be challenged since there should normally be a pause between turns to give people a chance. But that might drag things on too much. So perhaps wait for at least 2 people whose turn isn't next to respond with "I don't challenge"? That might be a good compromise.

2 minutes ago, Whysper said:

I agree that we should at least do this for stealing.

Technically we should let everyone respond to actions that can be challenged since there should normally be a pause between turns to give people a chance. But that might drag things on too much. So perhaps wait for at least 2 people whose turn isn't next to respond with "I don't challenge"? That might be a good compromise.

Well, another porbelm with that is that some of us aren't in a timezone close enough to each other  to be active when some of us are playing, so they may not even get the chance if that's the case.

18 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Well, another porbelm with that is that some of us aren't in a timezone close enough to each other  to be active when some of us are playing, so they may not even get the chance if that's the case.

Yeah, agreed. And even being in the same timezone doesn't guarantee matching online schedules.

So I definitely think it would be fair all around to give the person a chance to respond to stealing since it affects them directly.

5 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

I'm going to Assassinate @HoidWasTaken

Cards: 2

Coins 2

We are waiting on Hoidwastaken to see if he blocks the stealing. So, your action will take place, just we are not sure what happens.

So, Hoidwastaken, you need to accept/block/challenge the theft and accept/block/challenge the assassination.

Oh wow :o

So Reading should be getting a replacement card for the Assassin.

• Shard of Reading: Coins 2, Cards 2
  • Hentient: Coins 2, Cards 2
  • HoidWasTaken: Coins 0, Cards 0 (dead Duke + Ambassador)
  • The Windrunner Supreme: Coins 3, Cards 1 (dead Ambassador)
  • Ghanderflaffle: Coins 6, Cards 2
  • Aspiring Writer: Coins 7, Cards 2
  • Whysper: Coins 6, Cards 2
  • Somebody from Sel: Coins 6, Cards 1 (dead Contessa)

@HentientYour turn next :)