hey, fellow fans

the13thshard

so, I technically joined a few months ago, but barely posted anything and never introduced myself! 

so, here are my favorites:

favorite series: Stormlight archive

favorite book:WoR

favorite character: I'd say Shallan, with Vin a close second

favorite short story/novella: Shadows for Silence in the Forest of Hell. Great characters, and a fantastic world. A lot darker than Sanderson's usual work, but that's what made it so great

favorite villain: Zane, with Moash a close second. (I know, I'm gonna get a lot of hate for that, but I stand by it. Please don't kill me)

it's great to join the community! See y'all on the forums!

6 minutes ago, the13thshard said:

Sorry, I don't know why it posted twice. My apologies

No problem! It's easy to delete a double-post! Just go to the second post, at the top there should be two menus, the second one "moderation actions" should have the option to "Hide" the topic. Just give a reason for hiding it (accidentally double-posted) and it's done!

Now then, welcome to the Shard! I love Moash too! Look forward to seeing you around on the forums!

10 minutes ago, Mist said:

Welcome to the Shard! Which world would you want to live in and why? What order of Knight Radiant are you?

Hi! I'm a truthwatcher, and realistically, I'd want to live in Scadrial, alloy of law era. It seems the most similar to ours, and with a pretty cool magic system. It's also pretty safe and technologically advanced, and I can't give up all conveniences. how about you?

4 minutes ago, the13thshard said:

Hi! I'm a truthwatcher, and realistically, I'd want to live in Scadrial, alloy of law era. It seems the most similar to ours, and with a pretty cool magic system. It's also pretty safe and technologically advanced, and I can't give up all conveniences. how about you?

I'm a Stoneward. I'd probably choose Scadrial too. I'd choose Roshar, but it's kind in the middle of conflict right now.

2 hours ago, the13thshard said:

That is an interesting choice. A lot of people consider it the weakest of the SA books. But hello, my very controversial friend! I see you are also a non-Moash hater. Welcome to the club. So, my question to you...

Did Rashek do nothing wrong?

3 hours ago, the13thshard said:

so, I technically joined a few months ago, but barely posted anything and never introduced myself! 

so, here are my favorites:

favorite series: Stormlight archive

favorite character: I'd say Shallan, with Vin a close second

favorite short story/novella: Shadows for Silence in the Forest of Hell. Great characters, and a fantastic world. A lot darker than Sanderson's usual work, but that's what made it so great

favorite villain: Zane, with Moash a close second. (I know, I'm gonna get a lot of hate for that, but I stand by it. Please don't kill me)

it's great to join the community! See y'all on the forums!

Welcome! If you were to give one character the boon of having cool dragon wings, but with the curse of only being able to chirp, which character would it be (and why)?

Hello fellow fan! Personally I am the right side, living room, ceiling fan. You? :P

Lols welcome the the Shard! So glad to have you introduce yourself no matter how long it has been so we can give you a proper (amazingly majestic) welcome! And man, so prepared idek if we got anything left to ask! :P

I definitely agree on the WoR favorite! You really start to see the characters brought into their full strength and get all the magiccy skoodley boppety to the forefront I always find it so exciting. What is your favorite aspect of it? Look forward to seeing you around!

Oh and yes, so yes with these questions :D:

7 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Welcome! If you were to give one character the boon of having cool dragon wings, but with the curse of only being able to chirp, which character would it be (and why)?

1 hour ago, eltruT said:

What is your favorite magic system? 

to actually use? I'd say the scadrial system. I love the straightforwardness of it all. but conceptually? definitely the Emperor's soul. I loved the whole idea of stamps, and altering one's own soul.

1 hour ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Did Rashek do nothing wrong?

I wouldn't say that he did nothing wrong, but I don't see him as wrong in his choices. In my opinion, he was a self-considered hero that grew weary of heroism. I don't think killing Alendi was wrong, neither was killing Kelsier. But I cannot justify all his actions over his centuries of rule.

34 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

good question. that seems to me to be just a curse, but it would be quite amusing on Vasher

29 minutes ago, Scout_Fox said:

I definitely agree on the WoR favorite! You really start to see the characters brought into their full strength and get all the magiccy skoodley boppety to the forefront I always find it so exciting. What is your favorite aspect of it? Look forward to seeing you around!

i honestly just loved Shallan's past, and all interaction between Kaladin and Shallan, though I don't ship them.

so I'm pretty sure I covered all questions? Let me know if I've missed any. Nice to meet you all!

14 minutes ago, the13thshard said:

good question. that seems to me to be just a curse, but it would be quite amusing on Vasher

i honestly just loved Shallan's past, and all interaction between Kaladin and Shallan, though I don't ship them.

so I'm pretty sure I covered all questions? Let me know if I've missed any. Nice to meet you all!

We never found out what type of fan you were...  Lol nice take! It could be quite cool to have dragon wings for flight and stuff but they could also most definitely get in the way (doorways would be quite difficult :P)

Ooh cool yeah finding out all about her history and why she is who she is was totally a good part of it. And yes, no shipping (only air mail :D)! Welcome again!