Christmas in December club

7 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

It is tradition in our family to separate the holiday in which we receive gifts under a Christmas tree and the holiday in which celebrate Christ's birth. So on actual Christmas we chill around all religious-like and then we open presents and all the other stuff like a week before.

That's really cool! It makes me sad that Christmas has become such a greedy capitalistic holiday.

Christmas needs to stay in December. I love Christmas, it is my favourite holiday, but my birthday is in November. And if everyone starts celebrating Christmas too early, then my birthday gets swept under the rug. When Christmas is right around the bend people tend to think "oh, it's almost Christmas, I don't need to get her a gift yet or have a party yet. We are going to have enough gifts and parties already thanks to Christmas". And they sometimes forget about my birthday. I know this makes me sound selfish, but it is the truth. 

And as much as I love Boney M and Chipmunk music, there's only so much of it I can handle. 

Edited by Cosmical Existence

3 hours ago, Experience said:

The only Christmas I do before thanksgiving is getting presents for people. And maybe learn a Christmas song on the piano because that takes a while.

Yeah in choir we've already started learning Christmas music so I make an exception for that.

And I think I'm going to learn Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel on the violin with my friend on piano and play it in church!

7 hours ago, revelryintheart said:

Yeah in choir we've already started learning Christmas music so I make an exception for that.

And I think I'm going to learn Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel on the violin with my friend on piano and play it in church!

I'm also learning that on piano! It's such a cool song.

4 hours ago, Mage said:

The Manheim Steamroller version is my favorite. It is an awesome song, but the context of a Gregorian chant with bells just ups the coolness.

I've never heard that version before; I'll have to check it out (once December comes of course)

I listen to the Piano Guys version