Has anyone seen Wit recently?

Mason Wheeler

Well, Rock suggests in Chapter 12:

“I go to the gods,” Rock said. He held up his finger. “There is one who lives here. One afah’liki. He is powerful god, but tricky. You should not have lost his flute.”

Depends of course on the interpretation of the "here", but I read the here as "in Urithiru".

On 10/27/2020 at 10:10 PM, Mason Wheeler said:

Maybe it's just because I was specifically looking for this, but it sure seems like he's told Jasnah that he's a lightweaver and they're counseling together, but no one else is in on the secret so they are all leaping to a very wrong conclusion...

I could see Wit keeping his Investitures close to the vest, no matter how close he has become with Jasnah.  Even with just his knowledge, he's a tremendous resource.  And anyone who has spent time with Wit knows he's more mysterious and likely more powerful than he lets on.  Not that power is something he's pursuing.

I look forward, years from now, to finding out why Wit so doggedly pursues different kinds of Investiture and how it fits into his mysterious goals.

Edited by dgreene196

11 hours ago, Michael Portz said:

Well well, this aged well, didn’t it?

;)

I'm trying to think of another character I really want an update on, and it feels as though we've touched on just about every key character so far in the preview chapters.  Relatively efficient.

I guess it's time to see what Kaladin has decided, career-wise, through someone else's eyes?  Perhaps his father's?

3 hours ago, dgreene196 said:

I look forward, years from now, to finding out why Wit so doggedly pursues different kinds of Investiture and how it fits into his mysterious goals.

While it may seem like a bit of an anti-climax, I would actually love if his entire reason for it is "I didn't want a Shard to just hold one power, I wanted a piece of them all to hold all of the powers. They said I couldn't have that, I'm proving them wrong". So basically "Screw only using one magic system, I want all the magic systems!"