Why would you need logicspren

StormFather!

Chapter 14
Voice

All gemstones leak Stormlight at a slow rate—but so long as the crystal structure remains mostly intact, the spren cannot escape. Managing this leakage is important, as many fabrials also lose Stormlight through operation. All of this is tied up in the intricacies of the art. As is understanding one last vital kind of spren: logicspren.

Why would you need a logicspren to power a fabrial that already uses a different spren, stormlight, and metals to produce an effect?

Edited by StormFather!

I personally think that logicspren might be excellent for fine tuning.  Humans have petty good understanding of mathamatics and if logicspren can communicate this in terms other spren understand you might be able to alter the behavior of spren significantly.

17 hours ago, Karger said:

I personally think that logicspren might be excellent for fine tuning.  Humans have petty good understanding of mathamatics and if logicspren can communicate this in terms other spren understand you might be able to alter the behavior of spren significantly.

So the logicspren are the compilers then?

18 hours ago, Gilphon said:

Very good question that I hope we learn the answer to next week.

My favourite of the theories I've seen is that it can as a logic gate, letting you predict and control the effects of stringing multiple spren together into a single fabrial. 

I think I like this idea because it suggests that Roshar might understand computers a lot sooner than it might seem.

The Rosharan chicken/egg question: does logic attract logicspren or do logicspren help generate logic?  

I wonder if logicspren are helpful at seeing the Bigger Picture.  Like they whisper in your ear, "Hey I bet thing A and thing B correlate" or "look at your page 2 notes again, ya missed something there".

Or maybe it's related to Intent?  Like if you want your fabrial to work mathmatically, you need to....have faith in your logic and numbers?

21 hours ago, Karger said:

Basically.  Or maybe just control panels.

I like this idea.  Maybe logicspren are needed to Anchor the chosen behavior/Intent into the fabrial spren, along the lines of how measuring a spren locks down it's size/shape; exposure to a Logicspren might have that sort of quantifying effect on a spren.  Perhaps that's how they do the sort of fine tune selection like how she somehow tuned a Blood essence Attractor to only effect water as a 'Sub-essence'.