The Illuminae Files

AonEne

I really need to reread this series, it’s been two years...

But my favourite characters are AIDAN and Ella, hands down. I remember getting really excited whenever I saw that a chunk of black pages was coming up because it meant that the murderous calculator was getting some pagetime. And Ella is Ella and she’s just plain awesome.

Also can we talk about how storming amazing the art and illustrations are?? I loved just flipping through the book and watching it all flash past me. 

Y e s to all of that. Murderous calculator is best boy. The fakeout at the end got me a little, but the payoff! And okay I'm just rambling but the series as a whole is just so good about suspense and what next?! WHAT NEXT HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SOLVE THIS AIDAN WHAT THE and I love it so much.

Okay and not just suspense but horror, it does it so well, like you get chills from "don't look at me" askdjfg and those storming whatever they were called I don't remember but in the second book, the gahhh creepy things.

I need to reread this too...

Huh I read the first book. This is the very first (And only) book that I literally threw across the room when I found out- well you know. Its been a couple years though, I might give it another shot. I Literally don't remember anything except for the- 

Spoiler

Boy was dead and the other ship was faking their relationship?????? I was so emotionally damaged in that moment that I didn't finish it. 

But i've heard the series is good. I'm working up the courage to reread it. I have no Idea where my copy is though. I think I stuffed it away in some dark corner of my storage closet as a way to cope.

Edited by Hentient

*seconds what Ene said* 

SERIES BE AMAZING. READ. FINISH. I BE SPEAKING CAVEMAN NOW? Though not wanting to continue because emotions is understandable. I’ve never read a series that I’ve completely stopped for this reason, but there have been times where I’ve needed to put down the book and try to process everything. 

Apparently I’m not done rambling about AIDAN but like... they’re such a cool character concept and they’re executed so welllllll. And the climax of Illuminae (I mean, the climaxes of all the books are amazing), and the overall foreboding tone? *chef’s kiss*. I forgot how disturbing the books got at some parts, but they do it so well.

Edited by The Awakened Salad

24 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Apparently I’m not done rambling about AIDAN but like... they’re such a cool character concept and they’re executed so welllllll. And the climax of Illuminae (I mean, the climaxes of all the books are amazing), and the overall foreboding tone? *chef’s kiss*. I forgot how disturbing the books got at some parts, but they do it so well.

I love AIDAN so much! He has so many good quotes and his chapters and the way he describes the fighters engaging each other in (I think) the first book! I love it so much!