Lift

TMC29ZX

I really love Lift as a character. Her lines of thinking are pretty funny to me as well as how she stumbles, literally and figuratively, into the right place and the right time. She's been one to be a free spirit, pretty much unattached to anyone or anything other than Gawx, but even then not necessarily beholden to Azir. She has shown up at random times and has a set of powers, thanks to Cultivation, that no one else has or (yet) understands. That being said, I guess I find it interesting that she seems to have joined Dalinar's coalition. She traveled with them to Hearthstone and also appears to be part of the Edgedancer group. She actually takes instructions from Kaladin without question when he tells her to turn off the Fused fabrial. It could just be she was uncomfortable without her powers but normally I would expect a clever quip or a random thought to come from her at being told what to do. I'm just wondering if she has grown up some (other than physically, in spite of her deal with Cultivation) and is now more of a team player or if her being an Edgedancer just makes her want to be where she can help people so she came along. I haven't ever really thought of her being part of a group, let alone of other Edgedancers and possibly taking orders from someone. Kaladin does note that she often appears where one does not expect her, but I feel like that's always going to be Lift. This almost seems like a new, maybe a little more mature, Lift  and I'm wondering if that's what we will see going forward or if she'll be back to telling Dalinar she doesn't trust him cause of his butt again soon. Then again, we are only 7 chapters in, who knows what the rest of the book will bring. 

She decided to stay and help others at the end of Edgedancer.  She also takes Dalinar's orders during Theylen Field.  I think Lift now accepts that people sometimes want something from her.  She had a hard time with this before.  We actually have her RoW interlude if you are interested.  Brandon did a reading of it.