Will there be a battle of champions?

Oltux72

Will there be a battle between champions? If so, when? It looks to me like Odium has every incentive to avoid that. Looking at the structure of the Stormlight Archive it looks to me like the end of SA5 will be a truce. Odium really has no problem with waitin ten years and build up a perfect champion in that time or look for a way to get out of the battle. And he can really do a lot of damage on Roshar to make the coalition agree.

If Dalinar and Odium personally meet again, Dalinar can force Odium into the battle.
So Odium is presumably avoiding Dalinar now.

maybe the humans will make a truce with the singers but i dont think there will ever be a truce with Rayse.

i dont think a truce would be good for the Alethi,  It would allow a lot more of his forces to arrive on Roshar.

The context and the conditions of the contest has never been specified. Dalinar the Alethi imagines it to be a duel of single combantants, as is done for Shards, but that is far from clear.

Plus, I can just see Dalinar defeating Odium's champion, whoever it is and at whatever the contest turns out to be, only to have Odium pull a move like Death in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

Odium: ...Best two out of three.

Dalinar: No WAY!

Odium: Yes way.

Edited by robardin