Any Missed Celebrity Encounters?

Draginon

Does anyone have any celebrities they almost met/encountered but there was something that prevented it or because you happened to be in the right place but someone you knew happened to pop off somewhere and encounter them instead? This could be an author, actor, YouTuber or any celebrity you can think of.

One encounter I almost had but purposely chose not to do was a book signing for Christopher Paolini. I just happened to go to that Barnes & Noble the day he was there, I don’t really look up the book signings for authors, but because of how I felt about the way the Eragon books went I really didn’t want to see the book signing at all.

A few years back when my mother and I were at Disneyland she saw Schwarzenegger as she was leaving one of the bathrooms but since he was governor at the time he had his bodyguards surrounding him.

My dad hauls stuff involved with the entertainment industry so sometimes that includes concerts. Sometimes when he’s passing through he’ll drop off some swag like shirts and lanyards but it’s usually for singers or bands I’ve never heard of or don’t listen to. Well he had gotten Katy Perry’s Prismatic Tour and when he was in town we went to drop some stuff off to him, since he really couldn’t leave the venue, and he didn’t have any swag since they were being stingy about what to give out to the drivers. Now how this is a near encounter is because there have been a few times where he gets us a backstage pass so my mother and I sometimes see the singer or band. Out of all the concerts he’s hauled this would’ve been cool to have been backstage since I do like Katy Perry’s music.

I’ve had others where a concert was in town but other stuff was going on like I would be on vacation or MST3K was live but it was happening the exact same day Brandon was in Houston and I chose Brandon over riffing.

Well, mostly various actors who have attended conventions which I also went to. I did take photos and speak to a couple of them (David Wenham, William Kircher, Alexander Ludwig, Kristofer Hivju and Billy Boyd). I did however not chat with people like Sylvester McCoy, Harry Melling, Christopher Lloyd and Eric Roberts, so I guess it would be them. 

Oh, I also missed out on swedish Youtubers Montefjanton on a convention. They are not known outside of Sweden, most likely because all their content is in swedish, but their videos are hilarious, and meeting them would have been fun. 

One of the princes of Sweden visited my school once as well, but I didnt meet him. 

Also stood a couple of metres away from one of the major politicians here in Sweden but never spoke to him.

I only now realize how most of these are very regional...

I was on a field trip once at the Virginia State Capitol. The group split up. My half got to watch the State Senate say hi to a bunch of spectators and then vote to close the session early because hey, it was Friday. The other half randomly stumbled across the Governor and got to meet him and take pictures with him.

Another time, I woke up at like 4:30 am to go on a monthly jog that the Governor had been sponsoring and participating in. So we walk up to the start, and he's standing there taking pictures and whatnot. And we're like, "should we go ask for a picture?" But we decide to just do the run first and then say hi afterward. Well, it turns out he was taking pictures at the start because he had someplace to be and wasn't going to be able to do the run. So I woke up at 4:30 to go for a cruddy 2-mile jog and briefly see Ralph Northam from 50 feet away.

Another time I was supposed to go watch Evan McMullin at a campaign event in 2016, but then the event got canceled, presumably so that he wouldn't have to leave Utah.