Nomic [Resurrected]

Gears

2 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

This is the whole point of this rule. I feel the game is uninteresting right now because nothing is happening. I don't know about you, but playing parliament is no fun to me.

I will remove then penalty, if you can offer some other way of punishing transgressions.

How about a reward for doing it instead of a penalty for not doing it?

and a stipulation that “:3” does not count and it can’t be in the signature 

Edited by The Last Post

I think a reward would be better than a punishment.

I also make an informal suggestion: each person should make at least one key ‘game’ rule (ie setting up an actual game with a competition, or altering a game already set up) each turn. That way we’re not limited just to random rules but we also get development going as well.

311: I also propose that If a new player joins or becomes active again after at least a week of inactivity, they may choose to make their point total become the median point total minus the difference between the point total of the player in second place and the median.

312: i propose an amendment to rule 301 changing 3 to 10

(this is the amendment that says how many rule changes can be made in a turn)

313: A player may challenge another player or players to a game with a stake of points. The challenge must be issued in the Nomic [Resurrected] thread. The game stated must not be a game of chance. The challenger names a sum of points they are willing to stake on the game, the player(s) challenged may then lower or raise the the stake until the participant(s) all agree on the stake. Once the game is complete, the winner collects the agreed amount from each participant.

314: an amendment to rule 212: the Judge will be, instead of the player directly before the current player, the player closest to the current player (in reverse of the turn order) that is not part of the current dispute.
315: points shall be referred to as eggs 
316: if there is a rule infringement, 1) that post shall be considered invalid and 2) incur a penalty of 10 points

317: if an image of an animal is included in a post that is proposing or voting for a rule change, the poster receives 2 points
318: a proposal to make rule 310 immutable

319: a proposal to amend rule 312’s rule limit to 15

Edited by The Last Post

322: an amendment to 317: “:3” does not count as a picture of an animal; the animal must be included in the post, not the signature

323: if a post does not conform to the rules, a subsequent poster may quote the post and say “uno!” to gain 5 eggs

324: If a player posts the word 'things' in any post (Editing it in does not count) then they are to be awarded 20 eggs. However if someone quotes said post and says 'and stuff' then the original player loses 10 eggs instead of gaining 20, and the player who quoted them gains 10 eggs.

Spoiler

60AE61AF-C74C-42D5-AB14-C34C2C402A54.thumb.jpeg.2c5226356c820f02c375f72d651b1137.jpeg

Edited by The Last Post

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Aha. Here it is.

@The Last Post I recommend updating your signature so as not to redirect us to the old thread. In any case... what and how do I do here?

This is moderately dead, but rules are proposed and voted on, points are allotted, and the turn is passed to continue the cycle. The fledgling stages of the game [which we are now in] are very difficult to overcome, as they are quite boring and either cause chaos or withdrawals. Once we escape that state, we can properly play. However, many players have departed.