Nomic [Resurrected]

Gears

11 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Well, It is now my turn.

I think it is clear that a lot of us are losing interest in this game.

I propose that we start a new game using only the three rules as was done in the first Nomic. This would probably make it go a lot faster and I think it would be much more interesting.

No, a vote is in progress 

I’m fine to either start again or continue this one - if it were my decision and all things left aside I’d probably go for the second one, but it’s not just up to me.

Sorry, I’ve been busy and haven’t been able to be online for a few days. I’m back now.

Personally, I think it would be better for Truth to make a few proposals that set up some game mechanics (beyond weird stipulations, like actual mechanics with difficulty and competition - maybe look at other forum games for ideas? we could maybe just straight up copy one of those!) so we can, essentially, ‘start over’ without abandoning the work we’ve built up to start. Then once we have a game going we can then start altering that base game so the Nomic part starts being more fun. Basically: let’s get out of the weeds and into the game part!

Off the top of my head, maybe Codenames, but really any game might work.

308 passed, 307 didn’t. I support 309.

Also also: we lost xino, but it appears all the players are back and interested in continuing, so we could definitely revitalise this one!

Edited by MetaTerminal

You know what? You are right. 

P309: People must include one photo of a cute animal in all of their posts.  Failure to do so will lead to loss of one third of the persons points.

I want the penalty to keep increasing as we play. I think that one-third points would be a correct ratio to lose

Should I open this to voting? @Gears

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

3 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

P309: People must include one photo of a cute animal in all of their posts.  Failure to do so will lead to loss of one third of the persons points.

I don't think that's a good idea. Really, it just makes the game harder to play. 

Why a penalty? We still only have one way of earning points, one not very fast.

11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Really, it just makes the game harder to play. 

This is the whole point of this rule. I feel the game is uninteresting right now because nothing is happening. I don't know about you, but playing parliament is no fun to me.

11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Why a penalty? We still only have one way of earning points, one not very fast.

I will remove the penalty, if you can offer some other way of punishing transgressions.

Edited by The_Truthwatcher