Nomic [Resurrected]

Gears

On 7/16/2020 at 3:02 AM, xinoehp512 said:

Rule 302. A rule-change is adopted if and only a simple majority of the eligible voters vote for it.

14 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Rule 303.

Players shall alternate in clockwise order, taking one whole turn apiece. All players begin with zero points, and their total score can never drop below zero.

In mail and computer games, players shall alternate in numerical order by member number.

If 24 hours elapse without a post from a player on their turn, (and a vote is not currently in progress) their turn may be declared over. If a player goes two turns (of their own) without posting, they will be considered inactive until they post again. Inactives are not considered players for the duration of their inactivity (i.e. no vote, no turn); however, any stats (e.g. points, turn order) will be restored upon reinstatement of their player status. Players that do not post within 24 hours of a vote beginning will be rendered inactive for the duration of that vote, or until they post.

And the third will be a proposal to repeal 204.

Edited by xinoehp512

33 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

If 24 hours elapse without a post from a player on their turn, (and a vote is not currently in progress) their turn may be declared over. If a player goes two turns (of their own) without posting, they will be considered inactive until they post again. Inactives are not considered players for the duration of their inactivity (i.e. no vote, no turn); however, any stats (e.g. points, turn order) will be restored upon reinstatement of their player status. Players that do not post within 24 hours of a vote beginning will be rendered inactive for the duration of that vote, or until they post.

This would be a new rule change, it doesn’t really fit with the rest of that amendment 

Edited by The Last Post
Wording

1 minute ago, The Last Post said:

This would be a new rule, it doesn’t really fit with the rest of that rule

In what way does it not fit?

Also, if you're going to argue against it please tell me why it would be harmful to the game. We have the power to interpret the rules in a way that produces the best outcome.

3 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

Double-post but there's been new info and I want to notify people. Shrug.

Inactivity 2 Waiting Boogaloo: TLP hasn't been on for 36 hours (and the vote's gone for 24), and I can't reach them elsewise, do we want to pretend they're not playing for now to move things along? Enact 302 (unanimous), put 303 (with Danex's alteration) and 304 to a vote (let's do them simultaneously to be quick), then it's my turn and people get points.

Also: Danex, what is your profile pic? I know the answer is BeanShark, but knowing the name of the thing doesn't help me...

I can answer the question about Danex. It is a shark puppet eating beans.

4 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

If Danex, Truth, xino agree, we can implement 302, and we should put the updated 303 and 304 to vote.

Yeah I’m in. 

2 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

It is sort of a long story

That’s an understatement XD

6 hours ago, The Last Post said:

I have realized that why it seems weird is that it seems like two amendments, as in my opinion, an amendments deal with one topic

If you read the original rule, it deals with turns not being able to be ‘skipped’ - the amendment therefore is well within what the original rule is about since it deals with skipping turns. It has to amend 201 since otherwise they would contradict...

Alright! @The Last Post, please vote on 302. @xinoehp512, let’s put a final version of 303 and 304 to vote! (Note suggested changes by me/Danex now on previous page.)

5 hours ago, Danex said:

That’s an understatement XD

Your excuses only make me more curious... :P

Rule 303.

Players shall alternate in clockwise order, taking one whole turn apiece. All players begin with zero points, and their total score can never drop below zero.

In mail and computer games, players shall alternate in numerical order by member number.

If 24 hours elapse without a post from a player on their turn, (and a vote is not currently in progress) their turn may be declared over. If a player goes two turns without posting, they will be considered inactive until they post again. Inactives are not considered players for the duration of their inactivity (i.e. no vote, no turn); however, any stats (e.g. points, turn order) will be restored upon reinstatement of their player status. Players that do not post within 24 hours of a vote beginning will be rendered inactive for the duration of that vote, or until they post.

Rule 304.

Rule 204 is repealed.

These two rules are now open for voting.

Edited by xinoehp512

Wait wait wait wait wait. Rules 303 and 304 still need a unanimous approval right? Because 302, 303, and 304 were proposed at the same time, I think technically they all should’ve been voted on at the same time. I think if we say 303 and 304 only need a majority when technically they’re being voted on at the same time as 302, then 302 is acting retroactively, violating 107. 

Anyway, I vote for 303 (although I expect it to be amended by myself or someone else very soon, it’s still better than the default way of handling inactivity, which is, there isn’t one.) I also vote for 304. 

9 minutes ago, Danex said:

Wait wait wait wait wait. Rules 303 and 304 still need a unanimous approval right? Because 302, 303, and 304 were proposed at the same time, I think technically they all should’ve been voted on at the same time. I think if we say 303 and 304 only need a majority when technically they’re being voted on at the same time as 302, then 302 is acting retroactively, violating 107. 

I don't think so. 302 has already been adopted, yes? I am pretty sure that a proposal instantly becomes a rule when it's vote finishes

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

12 minutes ago, Danex said:

Anyway, I vote for 303 (although I expect it to be amended by myself or someone else very soon, it’s still better than the default way of handling inactivity, which is, there isn’t one.) I also vote for 304. 

Think Truth is correct. Votes for 303 and 304 opened after the vote for 302 closed. Rules take effect the moment the vote is finished (205), meaning 302 is in effect right now. Even if 303 and 304 were being voted on before 302 took effect, 302 still would apply to the current vote (if the vote was still ongoing. If it was finished, tough luck.)

EDIT: also, xino votes, right?

Edited by MetaTerminal

10 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

EDIT: also, xino votes, right?

I am pretty sure that xino is automatically considered to be voting for.

Current status:

1. 303:  4-0
  2. 304:  3-1

Gears and TLP still have to vote.

What happens if there is a tie in the vote?