Hi!

Kiya

Hi all!

I've heard a lot about the whole Cosmere universe and then some, but I've just started reading Mistborn for the first time ever. About halfway through. Trying to avoid spoilers, but I think I've heard a chunk of them from friends already. 

On 4/28/2020 at 2:14 PM, TheGirlWhoLookedUp said:

Welcome to the shard! How are you liking Mistborn?

Really loving it. I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan and have read some other fantasy, but I'm enjoying how quick-paced this one is. Super engaging and exciting, and doing a great job of covering all bases and potential plotholes.

9 hours ago, BloomAgeOne said:

Welcome to the 17th Shard! Which characters in Mistborn are you the most interested in so far?

Hmm, good question. I don't know if I can pick one! I'm really enjoying watching each character develop. I like that Vin is beginning to see the humanity in the nobility and is questioning Kelsier's total hatred of them. It's super intriguing watching a character's black-and-white morality get questioned--especially in sci-fi/fantasy, I feel like there's usually a group of villains/ultimate evil that needs to be eradicated, but this is more complex.

Edited by Kiya

37 minutes ago, Kiya said:

Really loving it. I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan and have read some other fantasy, but I'm enjoying how quick-paced this one is. Super engaging and exciting, and doing a great job of covering all bases and potential plotholes.

I’m glad you’re liking it. If you like fantasy then you should read The Stormlight Archives after you finish Mistborn. 

14 hours ago, Kiya said:

Hmm, good question. I don't know if I can pick one! I'm really enjoying watching each character develop. I like that Vin is beginning to see the humanity in the nobility and is questioning Kelsier's total hatred of them. It's super intriguing watching a character's black-and-white morality get questioned--especially in sci-fi/fantasy, I feel like there's usually a group of villains/ultimate evil that needs to be eradicated, but this is more complex.

That's one of my favourite aspects of Mistborn too (besides how awesome Allomancy is). This is something that I find Brandon does well in all of his work. In particular, I second the Stormlight Archive recommendation for after you finish Mistborn.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:49 PM, Kiya said:

Hi all!

I've heard a lot about the whole Cosmere universe and then some, but I've just started reading Mistborn for the first time ever. About halfway through. Trying to avoid spoilers, but I think I've heard a chunk of them from friends already. 

Welcome! I am SOO jellos of you! I CRAVE to have the chance of rereading Mistborn with a clear mind as if reading it for the first time. When I finished Mistborn (Era 1) I couldn't stop thinking about philosophy and religion, and the awesome truth bombs Brandon puts in his books. (it felt like) my mind was expanded! The Mistborn Saga (and everything else) is just AMAZING!!!

On 5/1/2020 at 0:21 PM, McWafy said:

Welcome! I am SOO jellos of you! I CRAVE to have the chance of rereading Mistborn with a clear mind as if reading it for the first time. When I finished Mistborn (Era 1) I couldn't stop thinking about philosophy and religion, and the awesome truth bombs Brandon puts in his books. (it felt like) my mind was expanded! The Mistborn Saga (and everything else) is just AMAZING!!!

I'm definitely loving it! And walking away with plenty to mull over. Ham's questions are always fun to think through haha.

Stormlight Archive is definitely going on the list!