Cosmerian tardis

Koloss17

If you had a tardis within the cosmere (tardis being a time and space machine that automatically translates other languages into one you can understand), what would be your bucket list?

I think mine would be to find out what the heck Hoid is up to, hang out with nightblood, and talk with elend about books.

I'll, and I assume everyone else as well, would check out what happened at the Shattering. I'd also check out who built Elantris and Urithiru. Also on my bucket list would be the showdown of the ages between Odium and Ambition. I'll also like to see Devotion and Dominion, of course. 

If I'm allowed to interfere, I'll probably be there at Proving Day, telling the Heralds the truth about what swearing The Oathpact might entail. I wouldn't be able to resist helping out Preservation either.

And who knows? I might choose to pick up a Shard myself.

Edited by Dreamer

I'd totally go around introducing random idiosyncrasies to planets; stuff like taking some breeding pairs of Ryshadium to Scadrial, installing a few of Kalad's Phantoms in a random Rosharan palace as "Herald statues" with a complex series of Commands to make them attack everything around them in some one-in-a-billion situation. 

Oh yeah, also race Hoid in playing Pokemon with the magic systems. I've already got a gameplan sorted. 

The Metallic Arts are by far the easiest, as for about a thousand years we know where some lerasium beads are, and then for quite a while after that we have the Bands of Mourning sitting around (terribly sorry there Wax). Probably your next easiest will be BioChroma, because you can buy breaths in the Cognitive Realm. After that, you're a full Mistborn, full Feruchemist, and a well-endowed (heh) Awakener, so you now are difficult to kill™. This gives you the freedom to go and try to pick up the more labour-intensive magic systems, such as convincing a spren to like you or nabbing one of the Shin's national treasures. 

Oh, and most importantly I'd invent instant noodles on Scadrial, and plant some myth about how it's bad luck to serve them to anyone who looks like Hoid. 

Edited by Staenbridge

2 hours ago, Staenbridge said:

I'd totally go around introducing random idiosyncrasies to planets; stuff like taking some breeding pairs of Ryshadium to Scadrial, installing a few of Kalad's Phantoms in a random Rosharan palace as "Herald statues" with a complex series of Commands to make them attack everything around them in some one-in-a-billion situation. 

Oh yeah, also race Hoid in playing Pokemon with the magic systems. I've already got a gameplan sorted. 

The Metallic Arts are by far the easiest, as for about a thousand years we know where some lerasium beads are, and then for quite a while after that we have the Bands of Mourning sitting around (terribly sorry there Wax). Probably your next easiest will be BioChroma, because you can buy breaths in the Cognitive Realm. After that, you're a full Mistborn, full Feruchemist, and a well-endowed (heh) Awakener, so you now are difficult to kill™. This gives you the freedom to go and try to pick up the more labour-intensive magic systems, such as convincing a spren to like you or nabbing one of the Shin's national treasures. 

Oh, and most importantly I'd invent instant noodles on Scadrial, and plant some myth about how it's bad luck to serve them to anyone who looks like Hoid. 

Oh my lawd. You are a legend. You seem like you were born to answer this question. Wow. I commend thee.

13 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Oh my lawd. You are a legend. You seem like you were born to answer this question. Wow. I commend thee.

Aww, thank you!

I've thought up another dastardly plan, based on how us 17th Shard people like to spend hours theorycrafting over throwaway lines. This is thus more to mess with the worldhoppers than with the natives.

• Find some random organization, myth, or other group on Nalthis; say, the Five Scholars, or Huth/Kuth.
  • Travel to Scadrial, at the same point in time. 
    • Don't pick Roshar otherwise the two groups of Scholars might interact, which is bad. 
  • Found a new group with a similar purpose and a similar name. Provide no context for why you chose this name and purpose. 

Given how much people have been talking about the Worldbringers and the Worldsingers being related because their names sound similar, imagine how much people would flip at 2 separate groups of Five Scholars existing at the same time on different Shardworlds, both devoted to researching the magic systems on their planet, and who apparently never met each other. 

On 19/04/2020 at 6:52 PM, John203 said:

Yeah, I remember that one turned out to be true, but there are equally a bunch of false positives: Aon Ati is totally unrelated to Rust's good friend; Kaladin is not named for Kalad's Phantoms, etc. 

And yet, we always love to take these small connections and assume that, in some Chekov's Gun-esque leap, they must be intentional.