Time bubbles and bonds

Oltux72

Let us suppose a Misting of cadmium or bendalloy or a Mistborn became a Radiant. That of course can happen. That raises the possibility that such an Allomancer would try to create a time bubble that does not include his spren. What would happen then? In answering this question we need to consider a property of speed bubbles.
Hitting the border does not kill you. That is extremely odd, because it definitely should. Just consider what should happen to your brain if your heart rate changed by orders of magnitude with respect to it. Likewise having parts of your brain operate at radically different speeds is not a good idea medically speaking. So you are always either entirely in it or outside it, respectively you destroy the bubble crossing the boundary. It looks like it operates on objects which are a whole in cognitive terms, just like steel and iron usually do..

So we may assume that having one part of a linked spirit web inside a bubble and another part outside is not a good idea. And it will not work. So what would happen.

1. The bubble immediately collapses or does not form
  2. You make two bubbles, one around you and one around the spren
  3. You sever the bond

I tend to option #1. What do you think?

The link exists in the Spirit realm. Time doesn't matter their, all times are happening at once. I see no problem with the Mistborn/Allomancer being inside the speed bubble and the spren outside both experiencing different times because their souls experience the same time.  

2 hours ago, Dancer said:

The link exists in the Spirit realm. Time doesn't matter their, all times are happening at once. I see no problem with the Mistborn/Allomancer being inside the speed bubble and the spren outside both experiencing different times because their souls experience the same time.  

i agree i doubt it would much of an affect do the spirtual nature of the bond the ony thing i can see having an issue is trying to summon your shard blade inside of the time buble that might have an effect but who knows 

• Chaos locked this topic