Herald's Irony

The Deity

I don't exactly know why but I like how each Herald went opposite to the Order they personified. Jezrien as a Windrunner was supposed to be the example of a leader, but later on he became a hiding drunkard. Ash as a Lightweaver was supposed to represent creativity, but now she focuses on destroying her own image as a Herald. Ishar was supposed to be someone who brought people together and now he is a warmonger king. Kalak as a Willshaper was supposed to be focused on adventure, but now he is so incredibly paranoid. I know this is the product of their torture, but I just find it particularly interesting when it comes to how the other Heralds may act. It makes me wonder how Chanarach, Vedel, Paliah, and Battar may act if this was true for them all. 

And of course Nale, who has become a mockery of justice

Yeah, we've noticed this parallel. It could mean very bad things with Vedel, who was a surgeon, some people have speculated that the assassin Liss may be Chana

Battar is apparently Dova, an ardent within Taravangian's inner circle. Pailiah is supposedly in Kharbranth too, in the Palanaeum but we don't know much more than that

Edited by Dreamer

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

Battar is apparently Dova, an ardent within Taravangian's inner circle. 

With what I remember that was a lie to inform Dalinar about what Taravangain was doing but still hiding the Diagram

1 hour ago, Booknerd said:

With what I remember that was a lie to inform Dalinar about what Taravangain was doing but still hiding the Diagram

It's a theory I've seen around due to Brandon's reluctance regarding Pali in later WoBs, but no confirmation

• Chaos locked this topic