Brand new, no spren yet :)

Shahrizai

Hey all! Just finished Words of Radiance this past weekend. I was already a Brandon Sanderson fan after reading all the Mistborn books, but as soon as I picked up Way of Kings I knew I was in for something even more freaking awesome. I haven't had an experience with a book like I did with WoR in a LOOOONG time. Like...heart pounding, frantically turning pages, devouring the entire thing in the space of a week! I look forward to delving into discussion. 

Welcome, and don't worry, you will soon have a spren of your own. 

Thank you for the welcome. I was so thrilled to discover this site and the forums (I have spent a lot of time on westeros.org forums over the course of my 15 year ASOIAF fandom)

Welcome to the forum Shahrizai! Do you plan on reading any more of his published works in the near future? They aren't all quite as good as Stormlight since they are earlier works but still very good reads and you'll get a much better experience with the various aspects of this community once you are fully versed in the cosmere.

By the way, you might not want to multipost like that in the future. The moderators usually give warnings for that to prevent people from padding their post count. There is a multiquote button next to the quote button that will allow you to respond to multiple people with one post.

Welcome to the forum Shahrizai! Do you plan on reading any more of his published works in the near future? They aren't all quite as good as Stormlight since they are earlier works but still very good reads and you'll get a much better experience with the various aspects of this community once you are fully versed in the cosmere.

By the way, you might not want to multipost like that in the future. The moderators usually give warnings for that to prevent people from padding their post count. There is a multiquote button next to the quote button that will allow you to respond to multiple people with one post.

I've read the Mistborn books, and Warbreaker, but that's it! What is the cosmere? :)

Thank you for the tip about responding on the forums - I had no idea! I will definitely do the multi quote from now on. I appreciate it!

I've read the Mistborn books, and Warbreaker, but that's it! What is the cosmere?  :)

Oh you are in for a treat  ;)

A good portion of Brandon's published works all exist in the same universe known as the Cosmere. In most of them there are only small ester eggs that show the interconnectivity but later books will have plots that involve a lot of crossing over between worlds and characters from the previous books. For instance, if you pay attention in rereads of WoR and Warbreaker you might notice two characters (or even three) that are in both. They just don't necessarily go by the same name.

For a better understanding of how the cosmere works, checkout the Cosmere 101 thread. 

I've read the Mistborn books, and Warbreaker, but that's it! What is the cosmere? :)

Oh you are in for a treat  ;)

I love it when people ask that question :)

Weclome oh darkeyed one! If you post awesome stuff you may just soon eventually discover yourself cooking waffles on Scadrial!

(You can take an upvote or two if you work out what that means by yourself.:D )