Shadows of Self ending

StealthPrincess

23 minutes ago, StealthPrincess said:

Am I the only one devastated by the ending of Shadows of Self? 

Nope;  I kind of expected it but still yikes.

23 minutes ago, StealthPrincess said:

(I was feeling so proud of myself because I guessed who the impostor was, but that wasn't enough of a plot twist for Brandon, so he had to hit me right in the feels)

I am beyond annoyed with Harmony right now.

Have you read Bands of Morning?

2 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Not the only one. I'm a little disappointed in Sazed as well. But I think we should wait till the next era books come out, after all these books were shorter, relatively light Westerns that were (was) supposed to tide us over

I actually CANNOT wait for the fourth book in this series.

Or the rest for that matter... 

13 minutes ago, StealthPrincess said:

I actually CANNOT wait for the fourth book in this series.

Or the rest for that matter... 

Waiting for the next book, the greatest form of torture known to reader-kind :lol:

14 minutes ago, StealthPrincess said:

I'm starting it later on today 

Bands of Mourning handles what you asked... somewhat. There's also other stuff which are in similar veins as the stuff you complained about, these would probably make you angrier at Sazed

11 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Waiting for the next book, the greatest form of torture known to reader-kind :lol:

Bands of Mourning handles what you asked... somewhat. There's also other stuff which are in similar veins as the stuff you complained about, these would probably make you angrier at Sazed

I just want a better justification than "I gave you hurt that I knew you could handle". 

Also, I feel angry at the fact that he does not want to interfere, yet he has in Wax's whole life (granted, I don't know his master plan)

1 hour ago, StealthPrincess said:

(I was feeling so proud of myself because I guessed who the impostor was, but that wasn't enough of a plot twist for Brandon, so he had to hit me right in the feels)

No no it is a very devastating ending indeed. I felt very very bad for Wax and I was annoyed at Harmony. But I also find it interesting And want to find out in the later series/ eras how his shard is going to affect Harmony and change him. Being a god and holding so much power and capacity to shape a person’s entire Life, it changes you, no matter how much you resist the urge but you can not always resist. 
Harmony showed a little bit of that arrogance we associate with gods many times, already I see a fight between his humanity and godliness. I find it very interesting and want Brandon to explore this struggle in Sazed more. 

I really don’t think the ending of BoM justifies Or explains Sazed at all. It is however a setting for what the future the has in store for Scadrial. 

1 hour ago, The Traveller said:

No no it is a very devastating ending indeed. I felt very very bad for Wax and I was annoyed at Harmony. But I also find it interesting And want to find out in the later series/ eras how his shard is going to affect Harmony and change him. Being a god and holding so much power and capacity to shape a person’s entire Life, it changes you, no matter how much you resist the urge but you can not always resist. 
Harmony showed a little bit of that arrogance we associate with gods many times, already I see a fight between his humanity and godliness. I find it very interesting and want Brandon to explore this struggle in Sazed more. 

I really don’t think the ending of BoM justifies Or explains Sazed at all. It is however a setting for what the future the has in store for Scadrial. 

I am so interested in the question he raises about fate/ free choice and I am excited to see where it all goes!

I remember when I finished, I was very sad too. But not necessarily annoyed with Harmony, he is a Shard of balance between two totally opposing forces. But I was very concerned about Scadrial's future, and how willing to free will Harmony was willing to give to everyone. I was less worried after ending Bands. No one would do this job better than Sazed, for more flaws and failures he has ever had.

4 minutes ago, StealthPrincess said:

I love her so far

And wish that we got more of her/ her interactions with Wax, or any other character really (I was a massive fan ever since the contract in Alloy of Law though)

If anything, Steris is the best character in Bands of Mourning, for me.

5 minutes ago, StealthPrincess said:

What are your thoughts on Marasi?

I like her a lot, she and Wayne are my favorites in Shadow of Selfs. Becoming a police officer was the best decision, even though her idea as a lawyer was also nice. Who knows, maybe one day, for now, she will be a very good connection for both groups. Perhaps one day she will become Constable-General, her knowledge would go a long way in maintaining order in at least one of the Octants. 

She is also very interesting in the Bands, but Steris and Meelan shine more than anyone in that.

11 hours ago, StealthPrincess said:

Oh my yes.

But The Bands of Mourning will, ah, revisit this.

1 hour ago, StealthPrincess said:

What are your thoughts on Marasi?

I liked Marasi a lot when I first read era 2. And I preferred her over Steris. But as we progress, I began to like Steris more and more for Wax and in general too. I like what Brandon did with the three of them. 

I really like Marasi in SoS and Even more in BoM, she is a good strong character and at times I was a little irritated with Wax and his attitude towards Marasi in BoM. 

13 minutes ago, The Traveller said:

I liked Marasi a lot when I first read era 2. And I preferred her over Steris. But as we progress, I began to like Steris more and more for Wax and in general too. I like what Brandon did with the three of them. 

I really like Marasi in SoS and Even more in BoM, she is a good strong character and at times I was a little irritated with Wax and his attitude towards Marasi in BoM. 

Wax is a great guy, but he sucks when it comes to Marasi.

8 hours ago, The Traveller said:

I like how she's started standing up for herself.