Vashers whereabouts

Skybreaker156

7 hours ago, Skybreaker156 said:

I was thinking when reading war breaker, Vasher leaves his huge amount of breaths to someone else (creating the godkings) do we know where Vasher goes in between the manywar and warbreaker? 

We know met Artsteal at one point several months before warbreaker but that is it I think.

On 9/1/2019 at 11:20 PM, Karger said:

Artsteal

That's going to be my new band name.

20 minutes ago, Skybreaker156 said:

I have another question that just needs confirmation, vasher can absorb stormlight which he then turns into breath to keep him alive but I thought the only way to soak in stormlight was being a radiant... 

We don't know how he's surviving off of Stormlight instead of Breath, only that he's figured out a way to do so. It does not seem to involve him bonding a spren, though, as we haven't seen one hanging around him.

4 hours ago, RShara said:

We don't know how he's surviving off of Stormlight instead of Breath, only that he's figured out a way to do so. It does not seem to involve him bonding a spren, though, as we haven't seen one hanging around him.

Divine Breaths seem to be like the Dakhor monks' magic in that it doesn't really care what kind of Investiture you feed it so long as it gets enough of it. So whatever method he's using, Vasher is giving his Divine Breath the Investiture equivalent to one regular Breath per week and everyone's happy.

Now, if I were a spren I'd be very nervous about bonding a Returned. After all, they're sapient Investiture and the Divine Breath is likely to see that as a perfectly viable food source to consume before it eats itself. I imagine it would be pretty traumatic for the other half of the bond since their souls are merging (moreso than the Radiants who broke their bonds during the Recreance, less so than a hypothetical surviving hemalurgy victim) but they'd live for another week. Granted the main reason Vasher is on Roshar is that Investiture is so easy to come by that such an event isn't likely to happen, but if I were a spren I'd still worry about that possibility only a bit less than I'd worry about my partner drawing Nightblood.

• Chaos locked this topic