Mist storage

Dancer

True but in allomancy the metal is just acting as a gateway. In Feruchemy the metal is literally storing investiture. I would assume that this would mean that if you were to store the mists in metal it would take on Feruchemical attributes.  

Hmmm... I hadn't thought of it from that angle. I think you would have problems with it not being keyed to your identity... But then again there are unkeyed metalminds... But I think I'm staying with my original opinion as feruchemy relies on investiture from people's spirit webs while alomancy is just power flowing through metal.

Probably Sazed would have to do something to allow a Feruchemist to draw on the Mists, and then that person would have to Feruchemically store it in a metalmind.

I don't know if Nicrosil would work though -- it seems to store the Innate Investiture of powers. (Though who knows, we haven't seen a Twinborn with that power yet, maybe if you have a source of 'external' Kinetic Investiture like Allomancy you could store that too? If so, then a nicrosilmind could probably store mist.)

I'm not sure how much use it would actually be, though. The mists are kind of "raw" Investiture, but putting them in a metal would probably constrain them to a single effect/power based on the structure of that metal, on the "key to power" principle the Metallic Arts use. It might be a way to recharge nicrosil metalminds without actually de-powering yourself... but once the Southern unsealed metalmind technology becomes understood, you could probably just do that by giving an unsealed nicrosilmind to a Nicroburst Misting and having them Compound.

If Nicrosil didn't work, it might require a godmetal or godmetal alloy of some sort, which might not be usable by modern Ferrings.

• Chaos locked this topic