Honor and Cultivation

Just a random thought I had while driving to work, but I think that Tanavast and Cultivation’s vessel where originally par she did (or singers or listeners, however they were called back in the days of the Shattering).  It makes sense to me that they would want to go an Invest in their home world and try to make it a better place.  

The biggest flaw in this theory is that Tanavast has a much more Lighteyes ring to it than a parsh-sounding name.  This could be explained by humans changing the way they named people when they switched from following Odium to Honor, and vice-versa with the parsh, and everyone knows that language is incredibly fluid and changes all the time.

I haven't found any WoB regarding Parsh Worldhoppers, but I'm not very good at digging up WoBs. But I found this one:

NutiketAiel

Were the original sixteen Shardholders after the shattering all human?

Brandon Sanderson

Uh … RAFO. There are three races on Yolen. 

NutiketAiel

Three sentient races?

Brandon Sanderon

Yes, three sentient races.

Words of Radiance Philadelphia signing (March 21, 2014)

I always thought that the 16 original Vessels were from Yolen. The WoB would support my assumption and implies that there have been no Parshendi on Yolen (the three races were humans, dragons, and Sho Del).

It's rather more likely that they're human and so far we haven't gotten any reason to assume this isn't the case. If there are currently known Vessels who are dragons, the most likely candidates are Edgli and/or Bavadin.

• Chaos locked this topic