Szeth nightblood And nale

Passion

Do we have any explanation what so ever for why in the world Nale gave Szeth nightblood? Or how Nale even got it?

also speaking of Nale what are the ramifications of a hereld swearing to the parshendi? Does this mean the oathpact is truly useless(I mean there will always be one hereld to betray them)? Also I’m very unclear about one point, is he only supporting the parshendi or also swearing to odium?

Edited by Passion

4 hours ago, Passion said:

Do we have any explanation what so ever for why in the world Nale gave Szeth nightblood? Or how Nale even got it?

also speaking of Nale what are the ramifications of a hereld swearing to the parshendi? Does this mean the oathpact is truly useless(I mean there will always be one hereld to betray them)? Also I’m very unclear about one point, is he only supporting the parshendi or also swearing to odium?

`I don't know if he have any existing explanation for Nala giving Szeth nightblood, or even how Nale got this.

The custody of Nightblood is one of my favorite topics of speculation. We know very little of what happened between the end of Warbreaker and the first time we see it in Words of Radiance. Further, you can't really talk about Nightblood without including Warbreaker spoilers, so that's the meat of my post.

Spoiler

We know Nightblood remembers Vivenna, so it's likely she had him for some time, likely immediately after Warbreaker or during Nightblood, the planned sequel. We know that Vivenna has a sword that is almost certainly awakened, but I doubt Vasher taught her, considering he killed his lover after she used it. Instead, it's probably Yesteel who teaches Vivenna. There are annotations of Warbreaker that reveal a lot of information behind the scenes, including that Yesteel knows how to Awaken metal. If Vasher teaches Vivenna, gruffly, while refusing to talk about Nightblood, she could go find that information elsewhere, prompting conflict. Hell, maybe Vivenna steals him from Vasher, or tells the sword she's going to Yesteel and he asks to come with.

There's the "falling out" comment, which could mean anything, including a pun where Nightblood is literally dropped by Vasher, all the way up to Nightblood trying to destroy Vasher because he (both) sees him (both) as evil. Vasher views himself wielding Nightblood as evil, and so does Nightblood, leading to the inevitable outcome.

What we know of Vivenna/Azure is that she's looking for a criminal, which is mostly Vasher, but could mean Nightblood, too. If Vasher did something terrible with Nightblood, something that was evil to both himself and Vivenna and Nightblood (say, at the climax of the novel Nightblood), then he would have to flee both the sword and his pupil.

There's so many ways it could go. And all we know is that is ends up with Nale. The Nightwatcher is 100% referring to Nightblood in Dalinar's visit, but that doesn't mean she is in possession of it. I think it more likely that she's offering Dalinar the means to go claim the sword for himself. The location, the bearer, and enough information for Dalinar to do the rest, if that's what he wanted.

We know vivenna/azure is looking for both the sword and vasher she knows vasher is with the Alethi king as his sword master and implies though she is willing to go chasing the horn eater peaks to find nightblood she will come back for vasher later

• Chaos locked this topic