Save that Character!

I just want add that pulling people that died out of the Cosmere before they died would be incredibly cruel. When they die they go into what seems to be an eternal afterlife with their loved ones (we don’t have confirmation of this, but it seems to be heavily implied by Vin and Elend). Pulling them into our Universe would effectively destroy that.

On 4/29/2019 at 6:22 PM, Nathrangking said:

Miles hundredlives. Hear me out he and Wax were different only in that Trell got to Miles first.

Man do I love this thought. Plus Miles on team good is just an awesome idea

Edited by Snipexe

@Pathfinder I will defenitely check out your Jasnah thread. Sounds interesting. I dont always read all her threads, simply because I don’t really like her all that much. 

As for Amaram, he is tricky in the sense that he is very self-important. I do think that he does care about people. He had to be talked into killing Kaladins men, he was kind to his servants, he looks after Adolin to make sure that he doesn’t screw up. I do think that Amaram cares about saving peoples souls and bring back the faith of people. As for the quotes, this is Fallen Amaram speaking. The Amaram who has lost faith in his gods, his allies and his friends, and turned to Odium. I doubt Amaram would waste lives only for his own self-importance. He could do it subconciously, but not only for that. 

And everyone assumes that Dalinar will invade the Thaylens. Dalinar even considers invading. So even though it is stupid, I dont think it says that Amaram has a disregard for human life. 

And I would of course be willing to read your analysis of Amaram. Storms, I have been considering making my own, but I’m biased in the other direction. But it is defenitely interesting, and I always love seeing Amaram posts and discussions. 

Also, I agree about Dockson, so we have one character we both like, at least :-)

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

@Pathfinder I will defenitely check out your Jasnah thread. Sounds interesting. I dont always read all her threads, simply because I don’t really like her all that much. 

As for Amaram, he is tricky in the sense that he is very self-important. I do think that he does care about people. He had to be talked into killing Kaladins men, he was kind to his servants, he looks after Adolin to make sure that he doesn’t screw up. I do think that Amaram cares about saving peoples souls and bring back the faith of people. As for the quotes, this is Fallen Amaram speaking. The Amaram who has lost faith in his gods, his allies and his friends, and turned to Odium. I doubt Amaram would waste lives only for his own self-importance. He could do it subconciously, but not only for that. 

And everyone assumes that Dalinar will invade the Thaylens. Dalinar even considers invading. So even though it is stupid, I dont think it says that Amaram has a disregard for human life. 

And I would of course be willing to read your analysis of Amaram. Storms, I have been considering making my own, but I’m biased in the other direction. But it is defenitely interesting, and I always love seeing Amaram posts and discussions. 

Also, I agree about Dockson, so we have one character we both like, at least :-)

When do you think Amaram switched sides? Basically at what point do you feel is Amaram's comments coming from Amaram, and at what point is it coming from "Fallen" Amaram? 

I may begin then going through Amaram quotes later this week. I intend to include every reference of Amaram. The only portions I may exclude is the repetitions of Kaladin's reaction regarding Amaram as they pretty much state the same thing over and over again. But for completeness I may still include the page reference anyway. Maybe with all the quotes up together, we can both get a better picture of who Amaram truly is. It certainly caused me to learn a whole lot more about Jasnah. 

So wait, you said Amaram viewing the Thaylens as enemies was "Fallen" Amaram. Or is that not "Fallen" Amaram? If it isn't "Fallen" Amaram, then I do think it is disregard for human life. The Thaylens are their allies. Planning to attack your allies, when you have a much greater foe to worry about is to me disregard for human life. You are wasting the lives of your troops and the lives of your allies for no gain other than you are now ruling a hostile people. If anything it weakens your position further. 

Here is a link to my Jasnah thread below:

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/84071-jasnah-more-than-meets-the-eye/#comment-830297

Just now, Shard of Thought said:

What are you talking about? He survives Mistborn. You mean take him onto Earth just because?

I meen into era 2!

Edited by Karger

• Chaos locked this topic