How do we know Eshonai is ob Braize

6 minutes ago, Karger said:

Can someone translate that title please.

It's a slight spelling error, I believe our friend @twenty second of the sun was asking if Eshonai's spirit is now on Braize. (Let me know if I got that wrong, though.)

The answer to that? Most likely not, since it appears to be choice of Odium's who to allow to stay on Braize and Return, and he calls Eshonai weak.

Overlord Jebus [PENDING REVIEW]

Has Eshonai left for the Beyond?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes. I'll canonize this. I'm sorry. 

*sounds of horror and shock* Noooo, nooooo, RAFO it!

You wanted..that was a RAFO-bait but, so I never intended that..if you want to leave this one out there...But I never intended Timbre to be Eshonai's soul. When people said that in the beta, I'm like, "Oh, I guess you could see that, but I mean that's not how spren work, right?"

I was going to say, so you're saying Timbre is not Eshonai's soul.

No. I never even thought they would make that connection. Because we saw Timbre in the previous book. I mean, I don't want to kill people's fan theories. But that one kind of blindsided me in the beta. I'm like, "Well I guess we'll go ahead and let people think that but...no." No.

You can leave that one off if you want to tease people and things. Some people really want to believe that.

I made a bet that Eshonai was not only still be alive after Words of Radiance, but would also become Radiant. And then the bet was if not I had to eat a shoe.

Oh no!

So I've been trying to get out of it for like...

Well you could eat a gummy shoe or something like that. 

But no, I didn't intend this. No.

Emerald City Comic Con 2018 (March 1, 2018)

To expand a little bit, Damnation (hell) and the Tranquiline Halls (heaven) are real places (Braize and Ashyn, respectively); however, they are not the afterlife.  They are different planets in the Rosharan system.  

When people die (with very few exceptions), they go to the Cosmere's afterlife: the Beyond.  Once something/body goes Beyond, they're not coming back.  

Eshonai is dead and gone, as confirmed by the WoB that @Nathrangking posted.  

• Chaos locked this topic