King's wit citation

Stormgate

For an English class I'm taking, I am doing a paper on the definition of the word "wit", which includes uses for the term. To this end, I want to include a description of the King's Wit in the Way of Kings as one of my sources. However, I do not have my own personal copy of the book. Could someone please post the description of the role (not of Wit, the job description), as well as the page number, chapter, and anything else I might need to appropriately cite the source?

I would be very grateful for this assistance.

My ebook search function is failing me.  Cant find the actual quote that explains the role, but in Way of Kings Ch 15 we do get this:

"Killing the King's Wit was Legal.  But by so doing Sadeas would forfeit his title and lands.  Most men found it a pour enough trade not to do it in the open.  Of course, if you could assassinate a Wit without anyone knowing it was you, that was something different."

Sorry no page number but Chapter 12 "The King’s Wit was not a silly court fool such as one might find in other kingdoms. He was a sword, a tool maintained by the king. Insulting others was beneath the dignity of the king, so just as one used gloves when forced to handle something vile, the king retained a Wit so he didn’t have to debase himself to the level of rudeness or offensiveness."

• Chaos locked this topic