Bloodflame Gang

Ark1002

Freyja looked at Sam. "Hey, no beef! I really just needed that coffee as I am waging a war against sleep! And hint, I'm winning!" Said Freyja.

Freyja looked at Nael. "Well alright then! Laecrien! You watch the match and see who's won! And count down all fancily like!" Said Freyja.

*Sigh* "Alright, in 3, 2, 1. Go!" Said Laecrien.

28 minutes ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

Sam, who had been trying to give Freyja a GO AWAY LOOK, burst out laughing. It was all so ridiculous!

"Your fun." She said to Freyja. " And I'm sorry. " she said to Nael. "I'm just tense from meeting Bella. It's been a long time since I was working for another Epic."

“It’s fine. I’m just not used to meeting new people.” He leaned in closer. “I think I know somewhere more private. Can you climb?” he whispered, lightly tapping his pewter.

13 minutes ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

"Um... I guess."

Nael poured two cups of coffee and led her out a side door, handing her one. He judged the height to the roof—only about 20 feet—then summoned his Shardblade and shoved it into the wall of the warehouse, right above their heads. He reached up, tapping pewter, and pulled himself up, then reached down for her.

2 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Nael poured two cups of coffee and led her out a side door, handing her one. He judged the height to the roof—only about 20 feet—then summoned his Shardblade and shoved it into the wall of the warehouse, right above their heads. He reached up, tapping pewter, and pulled himself up, then reached down for her.

Sam looked up at him, holding a magnificent blade, reaching down to her, tears stained eyes inviting. She melted..... Just a little. She reached hesitantly for his hand.

Freyja walked around sipping her coffee talking to her spren, Laecrien. 

"I wonder how Jarre is? Do you think things have settled down a little in Vedenar? Do you think anyone here wants to have a pocket sand tournament?" Wondered Freyja.

"I don't know why you would think that. Everytime you try a pocket sand tournament, you end up throwing whatever you have on hand and it usually isn't sand!" Said Laecrien.

"Well, ok! So sue me for wanting to liven things up here! Wanna hug instead?" Said Freyja.

*Sigh* "Fine." Grumbled Laecrien.

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Redatrick followed Mike and entered the storage room, looking around for something to mask his appearance. “What disguises do you have here?” He asked.

"Wigs, Make Up are over there."

Mike opened a box.

"Dye as well."

He added and held it up.

"We also have some cloths, somewhere."

He opened ar different box, shook his head and closed it again. Opening another box he laughed and closed it, then switched to another stack.

"Sorry, we try to keep it sorted, but it's hard with so many around..."

After a while he smiled.

"Here we are. Pants, coats, shirts. Different styles, from different worlds. Anything special you need?"

Proudly he held up a pair of pants and turned around to Red, his eyes reflecting the light falling into the more or less dark room through the open door, his pupils slit like a fox's.

28 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Wigs, Make Up are over there."

Mike opened a box.

"Dye as well."

He added and held it up.

"We also have some cloths, somewhere."

He opened ar different box, shook his head and closed it again. Opening another box he laughed and closed it, then switched to another stack.

"Sorry, we try to keep it sorted, but it's hard with so many around..."

After a while he smiled.

"Here we are. Pants, coats, shirts. Different styles, from different worlds. Anything special you need?"

Proudly he held up a pair of pants and turned around to Red, his eyes reflecting the light falling into the more or less dark room through the open door, his pupils slit like a fox's.

Redatrick took another step back, then sighed. Faceless Immortals.

“I don’t worship Harmony,” he said. They were alone. “But I still appreciate the work you do for Scadrial.”

He looked at the clothes. Some were crazy, in styles he had never seen. He saw dresses with one had covered, he saw vibrant colours and belts with weird symbols on them. So many different styles.

He eventually settled on a red and blue cloak that draped over his normal clothes and looked somewhat ancient Terris? It made him look fatter. Good. Better to be underestimated.

He kept his shoes the same and found a big hat that looked like a chicken and put it over his head over his cowboy hat, which he covered.

He had no experience with make up, an Redatrick wasn’t keen on trying it out.

“Do I look different?” He asked.

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He kept his shoes the same and found a big hat that looked like a chicken and put it over his head over his cowboy hat, which he covered.

He had no experience with make up, an Redatrick wasn’t keen on trying it out.

“Do I look different?” He asked.

Mike laughed at the chicken.

"Why don't you use a different hat? That chicken lets you look like a clown. And honestly that cowboy hat of yours is like your trademark. And you should change your shirt and pants as well."

He pulled out some that might fit the cloak he'd chosen.

"If they're looking for you just draping a cloak over your cloths won't help."

"And I feel like, you mistake me for someone else. I've never been to Scadrial."

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

“If they're looking for you just draping a cloak over your cloths won't help."

"And I feel like, you mistake me for someone else. I've never been to Scadrial."

Redatrick nodded, taking the clothes. All of the cloths around him were so foreign, but occasionally he’d see something that a Worldhopper had worn when Redatrick had killed them.

It felt bad to leave his clothes, but it was necessary. Going to a place where he couldn’t be seen, he changed into the clothes, which were a bit loose. But weren’t robes supposed to be like that? Pants certainly weren’t. He left his cowboy hat on top of his ruined pile of clothes and threw out the chicken and replaced it with a bowler hat with a feather in it. He was terrible at disguises.

He left his Phoenix chain where it was through, around his neck. That was one thing he was never giving up.

“No need to pretend now,” he said. “I think we’re alone. Anyway, is this better?”

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“No need to pretend now,” he said. “I think we’re alone. Anyway, is this better?”

Mike nodded and switched on the light, wondering why he had forgotten before.

"We might need to get you some other pants, but it's better than before."

"And yes, we are alone. I have no idea what you're talking about."

He waved his own statement away with a gesture.

"Doesn't matter. Your planet is as strange to me as this city to you."

Bending down he picked up the discarded cloak, wincing when his spikes moved. He turned away from Red to hide his discomfort at least partially, folding the cloak to mask the movement.

"Who is hunting you?"

57 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“Who is hunting you?"

Looking up from his cloak, Redatrick saw Mike turned away. He dropped the conversation about the Immortals, maybe they could talk about it later. He found a pair of glasses in a box, and slipped them on. Looking in a mirror, he found himself looking almost... scholarly? He smiled for the first time he was here. He looked like one of those doctors he’d see in the Roughs.

Don’t smile. Doctors are weak, and you aren’t weak.

He stopped smiling, and went to answer Mike’s question.

“My old friends,” he said. “We’re like brothers to each other, but they weren’t happy with me leaving. And now that they’re after me, I’m rust-scared of all of them, each in their own special way.”

21 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“My old friends,” he said. “We’re like brothers to each other, but they weren’t happy with me leaving. And now that they’re after me, I’m rust-scared of all of them, each in their own special way.”

Mike leaned against a box, nodding thoughtfully.

"It's hard when you can't trust those that were like a family anymore."

A shadow crossed his face and he shook his head at the memory.

"When it all breaks apart, like a bowl shattering on the floor."

He smiled at Red.

"The glasses look good on you. And if you need help, I know I'm just a boy, and inexperienced, but if I can help, tell me."

For someone had reached out for him, had given him a chance, and although Mike hadn't spoken to him again, he hadn't forgotten.

14 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"The glasses look good on you. And if you need help, I know I'm just a boy, and inexperienced, but if I can help, tell me."

“Thank you,” Redatrick said. He looked in the mirror again and took in the image. “I agree with what you said. With them against me, I’m completely alone.” Redatrick saw the brief dark look on Mike’s face, but chose to ignore it for now. “You have family?” He asked.

11 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Thank you,” Redatrick said. He looked in the mirror again and took in the image. “I agree with what you said. With them against me, I’m completely alone.” Redatrick saw the brief dark look on Mike’s face, but chose to ignore it for now. “You have family?” He asked.

"Yes. Two brothers and my parents. They live in a village close to the city. I visit them now and then."

Mike smiled brightly at Red.

"But you aren't alone anymore. You have me and the gang."

34 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Yes. Two brothers and my parents. They live in a village close to the city. I visit them now and then."

Mike smiled brightly at Red.

"But you aren't alone anymore. You have me and the gang."

Redatrick nodded. It was hard to replace a bond forged over years, but he’d have to let go. Holding onto the past, especially with his ex-gang, would only end up with him dead. And already, he’d found someone he could somewhat trust in Mike.

“That’s good to hear,” he said. “And the Bella person, she seems nice too, though how she does her theatrics is beyond me.” He’d seen plays where fire was used, but no one had hidden the contraptions so well.

29 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“That’s good to hear,” he said. “And the Bella person, she seems nice too, though how she does her theatrics is beyond me.” He’d seen plays where fire was used, but no one had hidden the contraptions so well.

Mike nodded.

"So, you are immortal?"

he blurted out and then immediatly shook his head.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to pry."

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike nodded.

"So, you are immortal?"

he blurted out and then immediatly shook his head.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to pry."

Redatrick looked at Mike with surprise and shook his head. “No,” he said. “If I was, I wouldn’t be worried about people chasnung me.”

He moved his old pile of clothes to a corner and stood by the door. “And besides, I thought you were the Immortal one. You can shapeshift, disguise, but for some reason you say you haven’t been to Scadrial.”

4 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He moved his old pile of clothes to a corner and stood by the door. “And besides, I thought you were the Immortal one. You can shapeshift, disguise, but for some reason you say you haven’t been to Scadrial.”

"I'm not immortal."

Mike exclaimed and then he understood.

"I can't shapeshift. Well, I can, but not like you think. It's complicated."

He pressed a hand against his chest and stared at the floor.

"I told you they like to do experiments."